1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Selling Electronic Hardgood

Discussion in 'General Business' started by cali boy, Jan 16, 2015.

I have a manufacturer (in the USA) offering to make my product for $12 a unit or $14 for drop ship. I plan on selling (retail) these products on my site for around $29.95 a unit.

Now my question for you is if I wanted to sell these wholesale what is a good/standard % that I should be getting - again they make them for $12 and the normal MSRP is between $29.95-$39.95. Thanks!

cali boy, Jan 16, 2015 IP
  2. freshymedia

freshymedia Peon

Best Answers:
    Ideally as a wholesaler you want a mutually beneficial relationship for both you and your customers, so listen to the market and try a few test prices and see how the customers respond. If they balk at your prices or look elsewhere, you can try lowering them or offering different quantities of your product to them instead. Good luck on your venture!

freshymedia, Jan 17, 2015 IP
  3. HostHub.io

HostHub.io Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Hello! As freshymedia mentioned, you will need to make a little market research to get in touch with the prices and the supply and demand quotas for your products. Then you should advertise the best and most important and new qualities your products bring to the table, to be able to ask for a certain price. Good luck!

HostHub.io, Jan 27, 2015 IP
  4. cali boy

cali boy Member

Best Answers:
    From my own research the average price between the manufacture and what I (middle guy) sell (wholesale) to the retailers is 40%. So my cost would be $12 to make and if I add 40% ($4.80) I would need to sell (wholesale) the product to the retailer for $16.80... correct?

cali boy, Jan 27, 2015 IP