1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO outsourcing advice

Discussion in 'General Business' started by PhilipSEO, Feb 1, 2010.

Hello,

I have an SEO startup and I am potentially interested in outsourcing some of the work (link-building in particular) to India. I have a long-term bond with India, love the country and know it well, and if I could find a reliable and trustworthy contact there, it would be great. I am also aware of some the potential risks. So I would like to ask if anyone here has had this kind of experience.

Did you get good results?

What hourly rate can I expect to pay (ballpark or range)?

Do you see any potential pitfalls? (Apart from the likelihood of scams, of which I am well aware.)

This is new territory for me. Any info and advice on how to go about this would be very valuable. Many thanks in advance!

Last edited: Feb 1, 2010
    PhilipSEO, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  2. amelen

amelen Active Member

Best Answers:
    One of my good friends does a lot of SEO work and outsources most of it to India and southern Asia.. so I know it's possible. I'll ask him if he has any advice he can share with you.

amelen, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  3. PhilipSEO

PhilipSEO Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks, I'd very much like to hear any thoughts.

PhilipSEO, Feb 1, 2010 IP
  4. phpsolution

phpsolution Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will advice to you take few small jobs from freelancing website and than make strong relation with them and start your work .

Regards

phpsolution, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  5. richardfletcher007

richardfletcher007 Peon

Best Answers:
    Pretty cheap - I echo the guys above.

Trial someone out on a short term basis (like a few hours) - if they do a good job, you can take them on for a longer period.

richardfletcher007, Feb 2, 2010 IP
    phpsolution likes this.
  6. jessebhunt

jessebhunt Peon

Best Answers:
    There are definitely some good seo companies in India that you could outsource to. Likewise, there are many that are awful.

Like the previous posters said, I'd recommend starting with smaller projects to get a feel for the quality of their work.

jessebhunt, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  7. Michael Ryans

Michael Ryans Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with all of the above. I would test the company first with a small project before hiring them for your clients. Go with someone that has good ratings. I personally use oDesk and Scriptlance to find my outsources, so maybe you can try those sites and see what kind of results that you get. Good luck.

Michael Ryans, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  8. ZBastian08

ZBastian08 Peon

Best Answers:
    learn how the business work as initial step. Learn the weakness and straight of outsourcing.

This will give you a lot of help on the process..

Good luck

ZBastian08, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  9. saurabhj

saurabhj Banned

Best Answers:
    IT is always better to do the trial and error with the company or freelancer you hire, to know how and what quality work they do, and once you satisfied with them, you can hire them with good terms and conditions.

saurabhj, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  10. hhsaus

hhsaus Active Member

Best Answers:
    My personal experience says that outsourcing link building to India is not only a waste of time and money (no matter how cheap it may seem), but it can also be disastrous for SEO, your clients and your business.

I've found the quality of links provided to be very very poor. A lot of these link building firms have created 100s and 100s of sites covering almost all the niches you can think of for the sole purpose of selling links. They are more like giant link farms, that hold no SEO value whatsoever and may end up penalising your web sites in the rankings. Sure you can buy 1000 links for $2,000, but at the end of the day these links are useless. You would be better off using those $2,000 buying 20 highly relevant links from quality websites rather than buying 1,000 utterly useless links.

hhsaus, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  11. ianm3

ianm3 Peon

Best Answers:
    I am currently outsourcing link building to the Phillipines.

My tip:
    Be prepared to micro-manage your outsourcee for the first 2-3 weeks. After they get used to their tasks and are following your instructions perfectly, you can let go more.

Also, work with a company instead of with a freelancer. Freelancers generally care more about themselves than their clients. But with a company your outsourcee has a manager, the manager will ensure quality (and if he doesn't, ask him to!).

ianm3, Feb 5, 2010 IP
  12. ReformedSinner

ReformedSinner Peon

Best Answers:
    It actually depends on what type of SEO campaign that you're planning to outsource.

Not everyone have the skill that you're looking for, so the first few days / weeks is going to be a trial and error session for you to identify the right people to be in your team. Assign them with a set of task that need to be completed within a certain timeframe and see if they can perform based on the requirement that you have set.

Hope that helps.

ReformedSinner, Feb 5, 2010 IP