1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO vs ???? for marketing viral site

Discussion in 'General Marketing' started by Tangible Asset, Feb 13, 2012.

What would the best method to promote a viral site be that hasn't gone viral yet? The website in question is http://imgRATE.com

Need ideas please!

Tangible Asset, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  2. jhardy2008

jhardy2008 Peon

Best Answers:
    For long term SEO and for short term viral marketing

jhardy2008, Feb 13, 2012 IP
  3. Tangible Asset

Tangible Asset Peon

Best Answers:
    Not quite what I meant. The site would be building a user base over a long term but I'm hoping it will eventually go viral. What exactly does 'viral marketing' entail? How do you work to make something go viral?

Tangible Asset, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  4. blackout0826

blackout0826 Active Member

Best Answers:
    try to combine them both but SEO is way better for long term :)

blackout0826, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  5. PHPGator

PHPGator Banned

Best Answers:
    Viral is really going to require word of mouth to get spread and thats not something you can directly control. Rather, you have indirect control by simply making people aware of your website. Think about the most recent video found on YouTube where the dad shot the daughters laptop, that was a video that went viral. He created a product that people wanted to see. I'm sure he went and told some people about it, he maybe even called the local news to see if they were interested in the story. This is where I first saw the video was on local news here. So in essence, your best bet is to use any and every marketing method that is within your reach to be able to place your website in front of people. The viral part will take care of itself if you have a good product or service.

PHPGator, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  6. Richard Allen

Richard Allen Peon

Best Answers:
    Going viral means something is of so much interest to the masses that they tell a lot of people about it to check it out.However, is it really going viral that you want or making money?If you want to make money, there are lots of ways not having anything to do with SEO to get targeted traffic. As a matter of fact, I get almost all my traffic from other methods. They all work when done correctly: article marketing, video marketing, classified ads, solos ads to related sites and email lists, joint ventures, give aways. When these are done correctly, they are actually pretty easy and as an aside, they also then create great backlinks (SEO) and increase your SERP's.I have it now down to a system of what I do daily and what I do weekly, takes a few hours and then my sites just keep making money.

Richard Allen, Feb 14, 2012 IP
  7. danleigh57

danleigh57 Guest

Best Answers:
    If something is going to go viral you just need to get it in front of enough people for it to take off. So all the traditional methods, though if you think it is interesting enough you might push it on forums like this.:D

Dan

danleigh57, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  8. Tangible Asset

Tangible Asset Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the advice guys.

Tangible Asset, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  9. HoldenDev

HoldenDev Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is great but to go viral I would have a set of media lined up for when things start taking off. i.e have a video about your subject that's catchy or funny. Press releases about your subject that would shock your new viewers. Maybe a pocket story with pics to rate that would shock people. The biggest thing about going viral is to keep building on top of whatever is catching on. I know a production company that makes great videos if interested.

HoldenDev, Feb 16, 2012 IP
  10. wolflin

wolflin Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Kind of an oxymoron, don't ya think? lol Anyway, check out "James-Scholes" website...I think the free videos will offer you some ideas.

wolflin, Feb 17, 2012 IP
  11. oon89

oon89 Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO is better , will be more relaxed with seo promotion. because only in the beginning it was heavy

oon89, Feb 19, 2012 IP