1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SEO vs Social Bookmarking vs PPC

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by mbreezy, Jul 9, 2008.

I can't think of any other promotions for my sites other than these 3. I'm sure there's more but I'm kind of a noob to all of this. I can program in PHP like anything, in fact there's not much I cant do in PHP, but actually maintaining the sites and promoting, not so much.

I'm working on SEO right now but I'm also starting to graze on Social Bookmarking. I dugg a few of my sites to include articles on them as well as used del.icio.us. Del.icio.us is kinda weak though, it's like the craigslist of social bookmarking... Sure it is the pioneer in it with Digg, I'm sure it works great, but it just looks cheap.

So which is the best? Did I leave out anything in there? I know about link exchanges and what not, but haven't delved into those much.

Gee, I wish I could post my links but too new around here. lol

mbreezy, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  2. MoneyMoose

MoneyMoose Peon

Best Answers:
    SEO = long term. Steady traffic. Quality traffic. Converts well.

Social bookmarking = generally short term. Bursts of traffic. Lots of visitors. Low conversions.

PPC = Costs money. Can be steady. Quality traffic. Converts well.

MoneyMoose, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    kanwarjot and WTM like this.
  3. mbreezy

mbreezy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ohhh, okay. Wow, well explained and to the point! What about link exchanges? Also, are there any other methods?

mbreezy, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  4. ctyler

ctyler Guest

Best Answers:
    I tried the link exchange deal and it did not work for me. Most link exchange sites you request links from other site owners. The problem is that they are ranked by PR. So if you have a new website nobody is going to exchange with you unless you unless they themselves have a low PR. That has been my experience anyway.
    CT

ctyler, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  5. beacon.seo

beacon.seo Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    very well said.

beacon.seo, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  6. WTM

WTM Peon

Best Answers:
    Link exchange may also work if you create some quality content on your site before asking for exchange. Also make sure you looking to exchange links with websites directly related to the main theme of your site.

WTM, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  7. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Aaaah Marketing. Finding a market and figuring out how to get those customers in front of your offer.

The first thing to do is figure out who your customer really is
    Then you figure out what it is they want to buy
    Then you figure out where they normally go to buy it
    Then you write you killer offer
    Then you dangle it right in front of them

This information is online, but you have to dig it out! It has little or nothing to do with your site. And if your demographic is on myspace then that's where you need to be, but if your demographic would never bother with myspace then it would be a waste of your time.

There is a whole area of demographics, how old are they, how much money do they have, on and on and on.

The reality is it's less about Quantity and more about Quality. You wouldn't go fishing in a lake if you KNEW it contained no fish? But if you can't see the fish how do you know?

Too many people think they are Internet Marketing... but what they are really doing is just making websites then using a "Shotgun" approach (Trying to get links wherever they can), then just hoping for the best.

Fun fun fun

internetmarketingiq, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  8. lycos

lycos Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can always go around forum and look for potential exchangers. Over here, it's located at Buy, Sell and Trade section under "Link Exchange".

Maybe you can also work on article submission to article directories. Ezine usually brings in good traffic.

lycos, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  9. priyakochin

priyakochin Banned

Best Answers:
    SEO takes time, but more natural and long term traffic.
    SB will be having fast traffic but short life.
    PPC need more money.But hope valuable traffic.I am having less experience with PPC traffic.

priyakochin, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  10. kanwarjot

kanwarjot Notable Member

Best Answers:
    SEO and PPC are worth a try..social bookmarking can bring traffic but its of no use..just to show your stats, it might help..rarely it has high conversion

kanwarjot, Jul 9, 2008 IP
    MoneyMoose likes this.