1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Setting up a classified sites - City or States

Discussion in 'General Business' started by junedc, Oct 14, 2012.

Hi all,
    Im setting up my classified site which will be based in US. Apparently my sites can only accept City or States (dropdown) that people can choose to.
    I dont want to change the core program. Now the question is should i put States or City in the dropdown. My concern is City i guess is more than 300 entries which is tramendous encoding (Latitute / Longtitue settings) while states just 70 below. If I put city some are not really populated etc etc.

This are the thoughts that keep bugging me.

Please advise.

Thanks

junedc, Oct 14, 2012 IP
  2. freeadstime

freeadstime Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you start of from provinces. Once the site did pick up, then you can add cities. If your classifieds picks up, paying others to do the code won't be a problem.

freeadstime, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  3. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, are the ads going to apply to people in cities or states? If I'm looking at jobs, I might want to see all the jobs in a state. But if I'm looking to buy a small appliance, I want something in my city. Think about it from a user perspective.

MTbiker, Oct 15, 2012 IP
  4. junedc

junedc Active Member

Best Answers:
    thanks a lot mtbiker you got a point there :)

junedc, Oct 15, 2012 IP