1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should i Ban Free Domain Names

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jarral, Mar 28, 2010.

Hello ,

I own Proxy List Site YouCanhiDE.com it gets and gives decent traffic to all listed proxy site owners you can see that on my site . But recently theres been drop in traffic which i blame upon presence of lot of free domains which have sole purpose to earn instead of providing any quality service .

So should i go forward and ban these domains or keep them as most of the domain submitted are free
    Please give your valid comments

Regards,
    Jarral:)

jarral, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  2. lorddan01

lorddan01 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yes.

I have run many proxies, and still do. The one thing i hated was that i have invested my money to buy a decent domain name, then someone comes along with a free domain and pushes me down the list. I know it's my choice to buy the domain but i bought it to build a long life proxy, free domains is people just pumping proxies out for quick profit. One more suggestion is to allow peoples whos domains have fallen off the bottom of the list to resubmit a few days/weeks later. Those sites, like yours, have so many domains at the bottom no one sees because these new free domains are pushing them further down.

lorddan01, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  3. reapr

reapr Peon

Best Answers:
    I would ban them. Most people doing it for free are not serious. People who fork out a little for a domain will send a little more quality and time on maintaining what they have. The other option is to charge free sites an insertion fee!

reapr, Mar 28, 2010 IP
  4. toycat

toycat Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I agree, ignore free domains, they make it unfair on people who put an investment in, to actually provide a service

toycat, Mar 28, 2010 IP