1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I hire a social media marketing company?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by SportsBlackboard, May 4, 2008.

I would like to know your guys opinion on my webiste and what are good ways to market this type of website. I feel it is 90% completed and the rest should be completed in the next week or so. So, I am getting ready for the marketing campaign.

We are developing a street team among our partners to market the website through blogs, directories, articles, etc.

But we have also recieved an offer from a social media marketing company that we like and have thought about having them help us promote the website.

Please give me your thoughts and opinons on how to market the website.

www.sportsblackboard.com

SportsBlackboard, May 4, 2008 IP
  2. scriptaty

scriptaty Banned

Best Answers:
    If they have high Pr and good feedback in past without spamming tag in their head then go ahead.It will be easy for you also.

scriptaty, May 4, 2008 IP
  3. Wayne Liew

Wayne Liew Banned

Best Answers:
    If you have time to put in the effort yourself, I don't think there is a need for you to pay for such services.

However, if they are good in that, it will be good for you to skip all the trial and error with social marketing part.

Wayne Liew, May 5, 2008 IP
  4. bobchrist

bobchrist Active Member

Best Answers:
    bobchrist, May 5, 2008 IP
  5. meaghannf

meaghannf Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I think you should put some effort in yourself, as has been suggested above. In doing so, you'll probably get a better idea of what people are looking for (by seeing what's popular on those social media sites) as well as learn about the process of promoting your company. Once you have a solid traffic base and start hitting dead ends with just the basic sites, then you can pay someone else to take on larger PR and marketing issues. Don't use your money for what you can do yourself, save it for when you really need that next boost of marketing power.

meaghannf, May 5, 2008 IP
  6. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Before you hire somebody to do the marketing I would suggest giving it a try yourself; unless you are super busy. Most of the marketing companies are useless (to me at least). They never deliver what they promise.

You site looks great. Load time is little too much; too many images. I would suggest reducing/optimizing images to cut down the load time. Nobody likes a slow site.

webcosmo, May 5, 2008 IP
  7. carol.prime

carol.prime Active Member

Best Answers:
    i suggest to try a company or by using their service in part time, that would lessen your burden because there's a company that will help you for generating traffic tasks, and that would also give you an idea for having more strategies and techniques.

carol.prime, May 5, 2008 IP
  8. southpar

southpar Peon

Best Answers:
    From your post it would seem you have done some research. If you have not done so, get some profile info from this company and checkout how they have helped current and previous clients. This will be a good gauge for your decision.

Overall, it is good to have professional help.

southpar, May 5, 2008 IP
  9. SportsBlackboard

SportsBlackboard Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your opinion guys. I just wanted to make sure we were moving in the right direction. We definetely are going to do a lot things on our own as far as marketing (street team), but we want to make sure we hit all avenues and think a marketing company can help us do that.

As far as the load time- we are definetely going to speed that up. Nobody wants to go to a site that loads slow.

SportsBlackboard, May 6, 2008 IP