1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I sell or develop?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Brian123, Jun 19, 2011.

Hello DPers, I hope you are all well?

I have a bit of a problem, that I hope you can give sound advice on how I could solve.

Recently I have had a bit of a cash flow problem. I was made redundant a couple of years back, and although I am slowly getting back on my feet, the burden of the financial problems I had still weigh heavy on my shoulders.

To cut a long story short, I need to raise $800 by this coming Tuesday evening. I'd rather not say what it is for, but it is really important that I get this amount into my paypal account by then.

I am more than willing to work non stop to do my best to raise that amount.

Now, I have several projects going on at the moment, and one of those is a new and unique iphone/android app that I have been working on.

I have been working on this app for several weeks now. All the planning and design has been done along with all the market research. All that is left to do, is for the app to be developed (something that I alone cannot do).

This app idea is in a very popular niche, but it is also unique to that nich.

Now, like I have already mentioned, I really need to make some money quickly. Should I sell my idea and all the planning, or should I get it developed in the future?

If I was to or could sell this idea, how much are people willing to pay for what is essentially a several page document? The idea has been well researched and has a very comprehensive "guide" on how it all works.

If you recommend that I keep and develop the app idea, I really would appreciate any advice you can offer about the "problem" I have mentioned.

I'm not some newbie, and I realise that it will take a hell of a lot of work to achieve this goal, and that is something I am prepared to do.

Thanks for reading and thanks in advance for any help/advice you offer.

Brian

Brian123, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  2. bocaj

bocaj Peon

Best Answers:
    If you really need the money and have no other way than to sell you idea, that is the best way to go. It won't do you any good to have the idea for the future if you have the problem that goes along with lacking the 800 for whatever you need it for.

bocaj, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  3. Brian123

Brian123 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks bocaj.

I agree that selling the idea will most likely the best thing to do. However, how do you go about selling an idea? Would people be willing to pay for a several page document?

Brian123, Jun 19, 2011 IP
  4. jackie2011ws

jackie2011ws Active Member

Best Answers:
    Sometimes it;s a question, In my opinion ,depends on your will, if you want to develop it as a full time income source or ....

jackie2011ws, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Sell it , code it or find investors for it (next to impossible) . To be honest you options aren't to shiny .

ApocalypseXL, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  6. sambling

sambling Well-Known Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Sell if you have to put try sell anything that you have that's more developed first- it will realise more of it's value.

sambling, Jun 21, 2011 IP
  7. jkhurramov

jkhurramov Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, the best way is to sell it to your list (if you have one).
    Make small ebook (8-10 page is good enough) about the subject. Next must have thing is a website. You can create one within hour. Look at those great sales pages of newest product launches. Your site should be unique designed and full of big promises(hype). The last thing is price. Well, for that kind of ebook you can set the price really dirt cheap, like, $10.
    If you have a list of 500, you can make as much as $1500 within a couple of days.

Regards.

jkhurramov, Jun 21, 2011 IP