1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should I write an eBook or similar

Discussion in 'General Business' started by blacknet, Mar 11, 2012.

Hi All,

I've been a web developer making website for client of all sizes for over a decade, my biggest client pulls in circa $100k a month in ad revenue from a site he manages entirely himself (well I do the technical side of course).

I've worked with every size and kind of business you can imagine, I've also worked around the internet marketing sector for years, I've specialized in blackhat/hole, grey and white hat methods, I'm a respected tech expert and an invited expert in several web/W3C/IETF/programming communities, and of course I run a range of websites myself.

I guess I've got knowledge which would help some people, whether that's what has worked for me, what hasn't, and likewise for the 1000+ clients I've served over the years.

So, should I write an ebook, what would be beneficial to know, what would you want to see in it? If I do, should I give it away, or charge.

Or should I just forget this.

Simply exploring.

TIA for any response.

blacknet, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  2. pl2k

pl2k Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Your knowledge is not the focus. Any body would get something after working for a decade.You need to find out if you have got something that is HOT and it is Not available anywhere in writting. Check Amzon. If this is the case then you should hire a technical writer to publish a book/ebook.Or if you know the top secret of how to make $100k a month from your client then you can also write an ebook on it. It will be the best seller in no time.Or make a long, long thead here on DP to talk about your valuable experience so we all can learn something from you :)

pl2k, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  3. davidannis

davidannis Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I co-authored a book on strategic acquisitions and created a related website. We published in 2009 and have not made minimum wage on it yet. On the other hand, the topic is obscure and promotion has not been a big priority for us. I think most authors are like us, not getting rich.

davidannis, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  4. grandpalacehotelandspa

grandpalacehotelandspa Peon

Best Answers:
    could any one suggest me , that how to increase the facebook like without ads

Also like us @ [video]http://www.facebook.com/grandpalaceyercaud[/video]

grandpalacehotelandspa, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  5. ApocalypseXL

ApocalypseXL Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Well you still make peanuts compared with your client and unless you're a trend setter or a standards guardian there's not much of a point . So no you should not make a book . There's already too much information clutter in the world .

ApocalypseXL, Mar 11, 2012 IP
  6. rcosman

rcosman Peon

Best Answers:
    You could make it, and sell its as PLR to others to rebrand it and sell. or make it a kindle book.

Lots of free ebooks similar to that out there.

rcosman, Mar 12, 2012 IP
  7. imedia2011

imedia2011 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    ^^ The best advice here. Work with your successful client whom already is enjoying success online and find out if there's something you can jointly spin-off. The business could be to help others learn how to earn a decent living online OR work with his/her idea to create a smaller business. The small business would be hyper focused on an area the client's site doesn't already fully address (but perhaps is mentioned).

imedia2011, Mar 24, 2012 IP
  8. lachlandv

lachlandv Peon

Best Answers:
    It sounds like you have a lot of knowledge which would come of use to people looking to make some money online.
    Shoot me a PM and we can organise something which could earn some serious money.
    I'm great at marketing ebooks so sales would flow in naturally.

lachlandv, Mar 24, 2012 IP