1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Should we change the name of our site

Discussion in 'General Business' started by whadyapuck, May 18, 2010.

We started this site about two years ago. The site is an auction site for kids. Kids spend pucks which is a made up currency. We named the site Whadyapuck.com. Which stands for "what did you puck today." We felt that it was a little edgy but not over the top. The problem that we have is that it is not descriptive about what the site is about. We have two years in promoting it and I am not sure if changing the name would wipe out all the work we have done. The plan for the site was to build something that would be a safe place for kids to spend their time on line. I would love some opinions about what we should do. Thanks for you help.

whadyapuck, May 18, 2010 IP
  2. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    i think you don't must, if you change you will do it all over again.
    i think your web layout is not childish enough... not attract the children...
    and i think your mascot is not cute...

about the compatibility of the screen, it also look messed up in my screen.

but if you want to change the name, you shouldn't erase your website now. just copy your site now and make a copy with same website.

good luck :)

NB : just want to suggest you on your sig link, it must written http://www.futureforourkids.blogspot.com (look at the dot), so it will clickable.

petr_ind, May 19, 2010 IP
  3. Jon1771

Jon1771 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Firstly I think changing your name probably isnt a great idea if you have done a lot of promotional work as it will instantaneously make that promotion work useless. Although this depends on whether you're actually getting any traffic or not?

Secondly, you desperately need a new design, even I find it hard navigating your website so how would a child find it?

Jon1771, May 19, 2010 IP
  4. JHybrid

JHybrid Peon

Best Answers:
    Get a new domain name and build a secondary site. When the new site outperforms the first site, let the first site go and keep the second. I know it is a lot of work but that happens sometimes.

JHybrid, May 22, 2010 IP
  5. whadyapuck

whadyapuck Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your help. I think we will make some changes to the site this winter when my other ventures slow down.

whadyapuck, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  6. samar123

samar123 Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you can do. But before that you have to think about the loss.

samar123, Aug 10, 2010 IP
  7. Wholesale-Dealer

Wholesale-Dealer Peon

Best Answers:
    the ideal domain usually contains the main keywords in the URL it has a very good effect plus it also helps people to find you

Wholesale-Dealer, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  8. funzone

funzone Peon

Best Answers:
    if you wanna change your site name you should also change your domain, i suggest your to avoid the name changing until your domain expire..

funzone, Aug 11, 2010 IP
  9. tonnele

tonnele Peon

Best Answers:
    The name is cool and unique. It's all about focusing on the marketing aspect of your business.

tonnele, Aug 11, 2010 IP