1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Showing your starting price

Discussion in 'General Business' started by bejamshi, Jun 6, 2010.

What do you think about showing your starting price for any given project. So assuming you just do web design, then on your site somewhere, or in the contact form area you state: Please note that starting job for web design is $......

I seen a few designers do this and they say their lead are better and are avoiding lower budget clients altogether.

What is your opinion.

bejamshi, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  2. lifeplayer

lifeplayer Notable Member

Best Answers:
    For me is very simple, i will always estimate how long times the project taken, and multiple my hour rate, that's all

lifeplayer, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  3. devilzkrazy

devilzkrazy Peon

Best Answers:
    See how much you should get for that type of work and increase the price to 10% of it.

I guess that should be useful.

devilzkrazy, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  4. Le Dangles

Le Dangles Member

Best Answers:
    yeah when i look for web design work to get done for me normally most people don't state their price directly on their website. Most people just have a "contact" page where you can request a quote from the web designer.

Sometimes I have a quick and easy project that I need done and want a cheap web designer to do the job for me. In that case it would be very helpful if the web designer just posted their rates directly on their website so I can easily compare the prices across different companies. In you case realistically you can only show your hourly rate that you charge, experiment and see what works best in your industry!

Le Dangles, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  5. fly in the sky

fly in the sky Peon

Best Answers:
    Hello, I am a novice, this is very pleased to see here, thank you, I understand some things,,, thank you. .

fly in the sky, Jun 6, 2010 IP
  6. Warner

Warner Active Member

Best Answers:
    Before showing my price I used to research the prices of competitive products on the market and then set up a price which is a bit smaller in order to attract buyers to mine product. Then it is allowed to increase the price temperately.

Warner, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  7. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    That is the old school time charging rate.
    Now day more designer use per hour rate to charge as it more fair for both customer and designer.

mentos, Jun 10, 2010 IP
  8. petr_ind

petr_ind Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Estimate it by how complex your work, what features on it, how beautiful it is.
    Then make your price.

petr_ind, Jun 11, 2010 IP
  9. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    Hour rate can depend upon your experience so it is complex for naive to estimate the price.

desperateboy, Jun 12, 2010 IP
  10. maxlaroche

maxlaroche Peon

Best Answers:
    As productivity is not the same for every worker, I don't really set a fix price or hourly price. It really depends on the job.

maxlaroche, Jun 15, 2010 IP