1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simpe editor - not a full CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by iTISTIC, Jan 30, 2006.

I run a web design & hosting company and would like to have a system I could place on each of the sites I develop to allow my clients to edit certain parts of each web page. We'd only use this system on static html based sites. I've looked at a lot of CMS solutions, but they're all entirely too complicated. I don't want to allow my clients to create new pages, modify navigation, etc. Just allow them to basically edit the content area of each page.

Anyone know of any package that exists that would suit my needs? I host all sites on an IIS 6 server. I can use SQL Server, mySQL, Access, etc. as a back-end database solution and can use ASP, ASP.NET, and PHP scripting.

Thanks for your time and help!

iTISTIC, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  2. clay15

clay15 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    clay15, Jan 30, 2006 IP
  3. Greg-J

Greg-J I humbly return to you.

Best Answers:
    I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do exactly, but something you might look into would be a simply script like cutenews by cutephp. Rather than an entire cms, it's simply a blog engine that you use by using php include() on the target page. limit them to a single news post, cut out the template and allow the html tags you're after.

This might be beyond your scope though, I'm not sure. If it is, you can always go to some place like scriptlance.com and post the job. I can promise you'll end up with a handful of bids for $25 or less by someone willing to tailor a script to your needs.

Hope that helps.

Greg-J, Jan 31, 2006 IP
  4. murph

murph Peon

Best Answers:
    I need this too, any other suggestions?

murph, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  5. Lukaslo

Lukaslo Peon

Best Answers:
    Maybe www.simpcms.com it allows to create categories and content + edit content and some more features.

Lukaslo, Apr 5, 2007 IP
  6. masoko2

masoko2 Peon

Best Answers:
    masoko2, Apr 5, 2007 IP