1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple CMS (or anything) to allow client to modify one page

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by VeryCheaptemplates, Feb 5, 2009.

Hi all

I am in the process of quoting for a potential customer's website. They would like one page that can be self-maintained with details of their special offers etc.

My question is: Is there a CMS package out there that can be used on just one page? Also is it possible for them to be able to modify the whole page but not mess with the layout? (Because that page will look like the rest of the site).

I don't think Wordpress, Joomla, etc would be appropriate for just 1 page: that seems like using a sledgehammer to kill a fly (but do correct me if I am wrong).

I checked online and it seems all the services out there have to be paid for.

If anyone has any suggestions or knows how to set something like this up, please PM me. You will be paid for your services.

Ive tried http://www.zimplit.com and i like it so far but i'd like to use my own template, If anyone knows how to extract my html template and convert it to be usable for zimplit then also let me know. (I havent started the design yet)

Thanks

VeryCheaptemplates, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  2. andrej

andrej Notable Member

Best Answers:
    I would use Wordpress, I use it almost for everything. It is possible to make a one-page Wordpress theme and you can also remove the "posted by... on..." and the comments stuff.

andrej, Feb 5, 2009 IP
  3. netbie

netbie Peon

Best Answers:
    netbie, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  4. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You can do it with Joomla by assigning admin privileges to a category and giving them their own password/logon to that category. Even if the category only contains a single page. This is probably a pretty common solution to most CMS software.

internetmarketingiq, Feb 6, 2009 IP
  5. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    why don't you look at the micro-cms solutions? some pretty decent flat file options exist. snews is one, nanoCMS is another. Or you can get one custom coded depending on your exact needs. It isn't terribly hard for even a new programmer to do.

shallowink, Feb 6, 2009 IP