1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple cms with integrated forum

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by rhuse, Jul 9, 2008.

Hi .
    I’m looking for a really simple cms (php, mysql) to administrate. Something like website baker or cms made simple. It’s going to be used for the homepage of an organization which does not really use “articles” but “pages”. A frontpage with a welcome message and a news function and apart from that only pages like “this is what we do” etc.

It would all be really easy if it weren’t for these fuctions:
    *Forum integration (SMF or phpbb3 needs to be integrated. The forum needs to look like an integrated part of the site, keeping navigation, headers, footers etc. the same. However, no userintegration is necessary. Pageadministrators and forummoderators don’t need to log in at the same place.)
    *The site need to be multilingual. (All information needs to be accessable in English by pressing the “in English button” and in one other language)
    *Needs a decent calendar for events.

I’ve had my eyes on joomla but the more I use it the less I like it. To me it isn’t logical at all for this type of site. I won’t be publishing “articles” but “pages”. Plus it seems a little to complex then needed. I’m not a newbie by any means but the other administrators might be so it needs to be as intuitive as possible.

Any suggestions?

rhuse, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  2. ramijames

ramijames Member

Best Answers:
    Have you tried using wordpress for this? You can create static pages quite easily. You dont have to use the blogging apparatus at all.

http://www.lyceummedia.com/

that's a site I created which uses WP as the back end. my client was thrilled at how easy it is to manage.

ramijames, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  3. silverwing

silverwing Peon

Best Answers:
    you can try wordpress with a phpbb integration called wp-united

wp-united.com

~silverwing

silverwing, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  4. ramijames

ramijames Member

Best Answers:
    hey, i'd never seen that plugin. neato :)

ramijames, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  5. rhuse

rhuse Peon

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the answers.

rhuse, Jul 11, 2008 IP