1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Simple photo gallery

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by JonPM, Apr 2, 2009.

Hey all, I am creating a website for a friend who is a photographer and I need help with the photo gallery sections. I have basic HTML knowledge, but not much else. I have the site designed and have the subpages for each section of photos (i.e. Headshots, Weddings, etc).
    I need some way of putting photos on each page in a certain spot (or within a table), and to limit the photos per page. For example, if there are 20 photos in 1 category, only 8 will show at a time, and the script would need to automatically create each subsequent page. Another nice feature would be to automatically create thumbnails.
    My friend doesn't have any HTML knowledge, and I don't want to have to manually update his website everytime he wants to add more photos. I am looking for something with a simple front end so he can update it himself.

Anyone have any advice?

JonPM, Apr 2, 2009 IP
  2. ExtremeData

ExtremeData Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Use a php gallery script or a flash gallery.With html you can't make a dinamyc website to load a number of images without to make manually all pages.

ExtremeData, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  3. Ljiljan

Ljiljan Peon

Best Answers:
    Ljiljan, Apr 3, 2009 IP
  4. allancass

allancass Active Member

Best Answers:
    Here you are...Demo is functional, but limited to 30 photos per gallery.
    Create Web Photo Gallery - Easy Web Gallery Builder
    Easy Web Gallery Builder creates high quality HTML image or video galleries for the web, CD or local viewing.
    Different than the common gallery building applications Easy Web Gallery Builder supports all popular image and video formats.
    It uses advanced algorithms for resizing images and creating thumbnails providing high quality that would otherwise be achieved only by using expensive image processing products.

allancass, Apr 4, 2009 IP