1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Single Topic Vs. Multi-Topic blog : What is Better and How?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Joya Blain, Jul 25, 2013.

Please someone help me. Which is better ??

Joya Blain, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  2. Khadaji

Khadaji Active Member

Best Answers:
    I suspect that it would depend on the topic and purpose.

For example, I recently ran across a blog that had half a dozen or more major subject areas - but it was set up for guest posting - thus the need for a wider variety of topics... on the other hand, I have a blog that's about just a single narrow niche - List Building - and would attract only readers interested in that topic.

If you keep a narrow focus, you have the opportunity to go deeper into a given topic, and perhaps gain authority status in that field. With a wider array of topics, it would be a tad more difficult to be seen as an authority site, IMHO.

The best, I would submit, is a somewhat larger topic, subdivided into smaller topics that are all in the same general arena. For example, an 'Internet Marketing' Website could have subtopics such as Ebay, Fiverr, Affiliate Sales, etc... so you could go deeply into the various sub-niches...

I think the final decision is going to be based on what you intend the website to do. What is your goal for the website? How are you going to monetize your site?

Khadaji, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  3. SliceOfLife

SliceOfLife Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Personally I always go for one blog-one topic. Much easier to maintain with the bigger picture in mind. I do, however, also run one IM blog (oh, don't we all?) which is more diversified, yet all the content is still quite tightknit within the niche itself.

SliceOfLife, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  4. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    The way I see it, if it's a single topic blog sooner or later you will run out of creative ideas related to that one particular subject. Why limit yourself? And... Can there even be just one topic and one topic only? Let's say you decided on blogging about Dogs. Dogs may need vets, accessories, grooming, etc. Here you go, you'll be already talking about vets and dog toys.

qwikad.com, Jul 25, 2013 IP
  5. suma adithya

suma adithya Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    definitely a multi topic !
    Reason:single topic will drive only a limited people to your blog whereas multi topic blog will invite a diverse people to your blog hence more people at your blog more will be the activity!

suma adithya, Jul 26, 2013 IP