1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site idea, will it work?

Discussion in 'Search Engine Optimization' started by Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005.

Well guys, I know I am going to make a legal site and write my own articles for it, but I also had another idea.

See, I wanted to make a site with like a billion article that I grabbed from other sites (spotting the source of course, but the links won't be href=, just links, I dont want spiders leaving my site now do i :)) but I mean like billions man, just copy+paste article plus source and getting 2-3 backlinks for each one. I know all about googles duplicated content crap, but there's so many other search engines out there that I believe if I grabbed enough content from other sites, that having 200,000 pages index in Yahoo! and 500,000 is fine even if google = 0 pages indexed.

Anyways, I am only 16, if what I am saying sounds stupid be nice :) I am just trying to make some $$$ like all you big boys here heh.

Any and all input is fine, I was joking about "be nice" speak your mind freely I would like to know what you guys think, thanks!,

John

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  2. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Well, you might want to stay in school and work on your writing skills. I still can't breathe after reading that.......:)

flawebworks, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  3. wendydettmer

wendydettmer Peon

Best Answers:
    Honestly, I think a better idea would be to come up with original content. Don't try to find an easy way out of making a quality site.

wendydettmer, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  4. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    *EDIT* I get it, run on sentences heh... sorry :p

Seems pretty full-proof to me, aslong as I have a lot of content and backlinks back to the content, Yahoo! and MSN are sure to index it, google may reduce page rank but heck, I mean if the average page I grab and slap on to my site gets even 2 views a day and I have 500,000 pages (did the math, 500,000 didn't come out of my ass, I said 500xday *EZ with content manager man* anyways 500x365=182,500 a year, if it works, my brother can help me and I will employ him for $5 an hour, he's stupid he will think he's getting a great deal and thats double!, you can't beat that!) I made the content manager myself so everything comes out SEO optimized once it's done, my content manager isnt even done yet, I am still optimizing it, might be done by friday... I will show you all when its done :)

I will even spot my source, so the only 2 laws I will be breaking are:

Hiring a minor without a work permit and not paying minimum wage :) I could pay my little brother more if this works, I just dont want to because he will accept *EDIT* maybe $5 an hour :) that little monkey heh

So is there something I am missing here? Why the hell wouldnt this work?

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  5. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:

I will may origanal content, for my legal site, this will be my other project, it will just have a bunch of how-to and article on games and just random junk (dont worry each one will have its own section, I am not THAT random, and I will backlink each section also and most of the high paying keywords that I grab articles for I will backlink seperatly too :))

So am I missing something, is this full proof or what?

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  6. noppid

noppid gunnin' for the quota

Best Answers:
    No, because a DCMA complaint will make your parents mad.

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
    Smyrl likes this.
  7. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    Even if I spot my source?

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  8. noppid

Best Answers:

Yep, it just don't work that way.

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  9. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    Crap, o' well, there goes that idea, thanks for telling me before I started.

How about rewritting articles, that works doesnt it? May take longer but I can rewrite articles that are in non-SEO form into SEO form ( will take much longer then my other idea though :( )

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  10. noppid

Best Answers:
    Researching something and writing about it in your own words will go a long way.

But I think someone also noted eairler, finish composition class first. ;)

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  11. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    I am not going to drop out man, I am not stupid, jeez, why does everyone think just because I want to make some extra money on top of my allowence that all the sudden I am going to drop out -_-;; I am going to college after High School and I plan to be a Civil Attorney who deals with all these Mesothelioma cases, why not refer to them now, heck, write some articles about what I want to become, I will not only be making money, I will be gaining some background knowledge so after I get my High School diploma and my Bachlors and I walk into my first class at Harvard I can raise my hand and answer another students question instead of raising my hand to ask my own question.

So in short, don't worry, I am a greedy little basterd, I know what I want in life and I know what I want now, money, always money, if I am going to reach my current short term goal of making money, do you think I should go get a summer job and get the money while learning how to make a good burger, or do you think I should make that money by writing articles about something that I want to be long term. EXACTLY :) I am not angry, you didn't know anything about me before reading this, and now you do, so next time you want to say "Hey John, stay in school" remember this, remember.

- John

P.S.: This is where you say, what a strongly written article and wipe a tear off your face :)

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  12. noppid

Best Answers:
    I didn't say I thought you were dropping out.

I said, you write like you dropped out and you should finish composition school.

We can add reading and comprehension to the list as well I see. :/

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  13. flawebworks

flawebworks Tech Services

Best Answers:
    Noone said you were stupid. Congratulations on your plans of going to college. And a lawyer yet! Oy, your mother must be proud.

Don't knock the burger joint thing. It wouldn't kill you. I happen to know a very successful lawyer that worked his way thru law school in a burger joint and other sundry restauraunts.. On that note: that's the problem with burger joints today: the kids think they're too good for them so we get uneducated types who have difficulty getting an order straight! Makes you wonder how they lived so long.

Hey! You could write about your life as a burger joint dude! And how much you love the bustin yer hump for minimum wage!!

flawebworks, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  14. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    I really don't know what to say in reply to that, California schools don't have composition classes nore do they have reading comprehension classes, they have English 1, 2, 3, 4 -- that's it, you must be pretty old not to know that (let me guess 30+ right?), it's been like this ever since my cousin went to high school back in the mid-to-late 90's.

You have no knowledge what so ever of the schools that a majority of your tax money is going to do you? They could be teaching students in a bathroom while they sit on boxes and be taking 40% of your tax money for schools and you wouldn't know any better now would you -- shame shame shame... :p

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  15. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    I never worked at a burger joint... I would never work at a burger joint either, my parents are 100% able to fund all of my needs themselves, I am making websites to make some extra green, I don't see what wrong with that...

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  16. noppid

Best Answers:
    Actually I'm well aware of the education system in my community. I know my kids teachers. I volunteer and my kid is a straight A student.

I would not accept less of an opportunity for them.

If those things are wrong in your school, I feel for ya man.

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  17. dirvish

dirvish Peon

Best Answers:
    Another ambulance chaser in the making... ;)

What do you mean by getting 2-3 backlinks for each one?

Is something like this what you had in mind? It makes about fifty cents a day; not enough to put you through law school (not even worth the time it takes to copy & paste).

dirvish, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  18. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:
    Heh, no man, are schools are clean, I was smiply saying you wouldn't know any better... I live in Orange County, around Newport Beach and Irvine, I assure you if you think your schools are clean you should come on down here, paradise man :) I love it. I love the summer I go to the beach almost every day in the summer.

Let me guess, your children are in elementry school, in High School there's just English 1,2,3,4 thats it, I think it's this way everywhere in the US but California is all like this for sure.

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  19. Lawsuit

Lawsuit Banned

Best Answers:

My parents put me through law school :) I am just saying I dno't mind making some extra green.

Also, your sites all wrong, I would:

a) make it white, b) put a box style banner before the text, that might be why.

Lawsuit, Apr 25, 2005 IP
  20. noppid

Best Answers:
    I'm affraid you are correct. Too many basic courses have been cut.

But there's always another way.

noppid, Apr 25, 2005 IP