1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site issue issue after name server change

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Dirty-Rockstar, Dec 19, 2007.

I had a site parked and then decided to use it for something. Site works fine on other peoples computers but on my computer it still shows the parked page. Same in both IE7 and Firefox, if i go under a proxy it works

I Tried the following steps:

ipconfig /flushdns
    ran ccleaner (temp cleaner)
    ran ATF cleaner (temp cleaner)
    checked hosts file
    disabled caching with net stop dnscache
    blew out all IE add ons
    removed all toolbars(only one, google)
    reset IE7
    used a proxy (issue resolved)

wtf would cause this client side. im not a computer noob by far. I have to be missing something. I thought about resetting my router, but that wil lbe a pain because my isp is dynamic, and i made my ip static and i forgot the password to the router and i dont want to reset it-_-

now when i FTP files i cannot see the result unless im proxied which is oooober annoying

any help?

Dirty-Rockstar, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  2. Anakron

Anakron Peon

Best Answers:
    Try switching your dns servers to opendns. It might be because of your dns not being updated.

If you just want to get around the FTP issue then you can manually add in the entries to your hosts file.

Anakron, Dec 19, 2007 IP
  3. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    If you have recently done the changes (name server, dns, A records...whatever), just wait for few more days.

It generally takes upto 2 weeks to get updated across servers.

My guess is that there is no problem at your side. Wait for 3 or 4 days more and if it does not work, contact your hosting provider. It took 10 days for me.

Suri.CMS, Dec 19, 2007 IP