1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Site live for 6 months...now what..?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Tuber4321, Feb 14, 2010.

Hey Guys

My second tube site has been running for about 4 months or so. My first was more of a "figure it out" situation where I didn't really do much marketing or advertising. Once I got the hang of it I closed the site and opened up a second site which is devoted to a nice fetish.

It's not that big because of the niche, and I suppose it never will be all that big. But I thought I'd see how my stats are looking to some of the pros around here. Maybe there is a silver lining somewhere.

Last 30 days:

Visits: 58,000
    Pageviews: 475,000
    Pages/Visit: 8+
    Bounce Rate: 19+%
    Avg. Time on Site: 7+ minutes
    % New Visits: 45+

I'm using affiliate marketing. So far Cams.com has been the best, but it seems to have fizzled out as of late. I also have AFF PPC which pays less than a dollar a day. Mostly I've signed up with these because they were the only ones I knew about. I also have affiliate relationships with pay sites who have the same fetish. So far earnings have been about $500 over the past few months, just enough to mostly pay for the server charges. I'll be checking through the forums here to get some fresh ideas.

So....how do the numbers look so far? Any tips on taking things to the next level? My server is getting stretched a bit so over the next few months I'll have to decide if I want to invest more or just sell it off. I have a few ideas like a sales component that I'm working on. I'm also not using the rolling video ad yet but I figure I could get a sponsor there, but then again it depends on the traffic and pageviews I suppose, and I'm not sure how my numbers stack up. In all reality I'll have to ditch the niche affiliates since most people who come to my site already know about the other sites.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

PS....I tried Black Label Ads but the ads wouldn't show....just a black box with "advertise here"....finally gave up and moved on...

Last edited: Feb 14, 2010
    Tuber4321, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  2. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend you find a partner to split your server cost burden.
    Try other ads network for example CPA lead.

mentos, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  3. Tuber4321

Tuber4321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does my site really warrant a CPA situation? Don't I need substantially more hits to make it worthwhile?

Tuber4321, Feb 14, 2010 IP
  4. Tuber4321

Tuber4321 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hey MODS

Sorry, but I realize that this thread is better suited for marketing. Can you close it down or delete it and I'll repost in the proper area?

Thanks!

Tuber4321, Feb 15, 2010 IP
  5. dotcomdude

dotcomdude Active Member

Best Answers:
    Does your site really cost $500 to host for a few months?

If you could reduce this cost to something more reasonable, it would probably be a very attractive package to sell on. We recently sold a site for about 55 times the monthly profit.

dotcomdude, Feb 17, 2010 IP