1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Small changes in SERPS lately?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by billion, Jan 11, 2005.

I've seen very small changes in SERPS the last couple of days. Is it only me or is anyone else experiencing the same thing? Normally I see a lot of changes everyday.

Does anyone have a theory on why?

I guess I'm just missing the action and would like to find out when I can expect more activity again. :)

billion, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  2. Ned

Ned Active Member

Best Answers:
    I jumped loads for my keywords (which are pretty competitive) and then have slowly been slipping 2 or 3 places each day over the last week. Other serps are better than before and are having minor fluctuation of their positions but generally holding steady.

Ned, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  3. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Silly question to be honest.

What you see is not what everyone else sees. SERPs are dynamic, fluctuate guaranteed. I see big changes here, small one there. One KW SERPs can be completely different to other KW SERPs.

Why no changes as per normal? Could be down to a million things including little algo tweaks, no newcomers, etc. etc. You might have been checking at different times in a day than before. Too many to make this a usefull question / usefull answer.

Discussing SERPs changes 'across the board' is nonsense unless there's something big going on like Florida.

I said before in a similar thread, it's like saying "Did you see how those clouds moved today?" What you see is totally irrelevant to what someone else sees.

T0PS3O, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  4. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    It might be silly to you but it's not to me and that's the reason I ask about it. I might not have the complete picture about SEO but I try to learn every bit of it. I try to understand things about the behaviour of Google and I don't think it's more or less random as the weather can be.

I check results the same way as before and I do it for several sites. I've seen ups and downs before but this time I'd like to find out more about it.

I would be nice if anyone have a theory about it. Maybe noticed some kind of pattern in the behaviour of Google.

There is no way to know if what I see is irrelevent before I know what others are seeing and normally sees.

billion, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  5. keywordguru

keywordguru Peon

Best Answers:
    I would agree and say that as far as a month or more back, some odd algo changes started showing. Within these past few weeks, I have watched some keywords do much better while others slip here and there. No real consistency. Overall, am still doing excellent so this is just the norm.

KG

keywordguru, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  6. wrkalot

wrkalot Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You asked if anyone else was seeing "small" changes in SERPs. This is commonly called "everflux" and has been going on for quite some time now. We all see "small" changes every day. It's the "big" changes that need investigating and validation from others.

wrkalot, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  7. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    Maybe the language is a barrier. My native language is Swedish, not english.

In my opinion the SMALL changes got SMALLER lately and I don't see any BIG changes at all. This has been going on since the last PR update was completed. BEFORE the last PR update I saw more SMALL movements but I also saw BIG movements daily. This was the normal behavior for many weeks.
    Not only the few days before last PR update.

Also, new pages was added to SERPS quicker before last update.

If anyone understand my question/concern and would like to discuss, please reply. If not, just let it be.

Thanks.

billion, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  8. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    mcdar, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  9. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    Ooooops - Something weird happened when I submitted this and it Double posted!

mcdar, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  10. mcdar

mcdar Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow - weird triple post action - what happened there...

mcdar, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  11. billion

billion G.E.M.

Best Answers:
    OK, strange forum to discuss issues like this. :confused:

I'm giving up.

Thanks.

billion, Jan 11, 2005 IP
  12. JoeO

JoeO Peon

Best Answers:
    Ya my site is finally coming back down for some keywords after dropping out of the SERPS at the end of December.

JoeO, Jan 11, 2005 IP