1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SMF - not allow edit after reply to post

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by itliberty, Mar 29, 2010.

It was hard to find the right place for this so I hope this will do.

I have an SMF forum and have had some minor issues with users deleting entire posts making the thread hard to follow. Therefore, we disabled the ability to edit posts. That is a pain too though...to fix minor errors etc.

So I know vbulletin can, but does anyway know how to configure SMF (plugin or otherwise) to allow edit of posts but not after someone has replied?

Thanks for the help (I hope!)

itliberty, Mar 29, 2010 IP
  2. kiranheartbeats

kiranheartbeats Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    buddy ask this in smf community. you will get reply within seconds. Its possible but u want edit some codes.

kiranheartbeats, Apr 5, 2010 IP
  3. itliberty

itliberty Peon

Best Answers:
    I looked for an SMF section first but didnt see it, my oversight obviously. Thanks, but I did find the fix. I wasn't aware inherently with SMF I could set the amount of time sometime could edit a post. I just set the time within a reasonable 5 minutes and called it a day.

For those reading this, it is under the Posts and Topics section not the normal forum setting, posts subsection.

itliberty, Apr 5, 2010 IP