1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Snack Bar Business.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by AlwaysSucceed, Nov 24, 2012.

Hi Digitalpointers!

I have a native snack bar that my mother has been making for as long as I can remember. It is DELICIOUS and I have never seen anything like it at the supermarket or at any deli's.

Everyone I have give the snack bar to eat absolutely loves it and always wants more..and it makes me feel that if it was on shelves people would buy it a lot!

I have now been watching Shark Tank and Dragon's Den for a long time and often people go in with a snack bar or chocolate bar Idea in which they get a deal.
    I have no statistics and not even a wrap for my snack bar so I am a little behind but I do know that if they try it they will love it and they will either want to invest in me and my product or buy the product completely!
    So what I need from you guys is to point me in the right direction and what I could do to possibly try and get it out to consumers.

1. Should I try get in contact with a major player in the snack food business and if so how would I go about finding their number or email?

2. What steps would you take to try and get a snack bar product out there?

Please help me out and your opinion matters to me a lot! I am here to listen to what all of you have to say because I really want to bring my product to the food industry.

I'd also like to point out that I do live In NYC and I'm sure there has to be a place I can go to with my product or someone and go on from there....

AlwaysSucceed, Nov 24, 2012 IP
  2. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I'll try to pop back in here later with some real advice, but for now I have to be the bearer of bad news... It's not that simple. At all. A good tasting bar doesn't necessarily translate into a good business. At your current stage, I don't think any investors will give you the time of day. Realistically, you're just someone with a good recipe. You have some work to do before seeking investors.

MTbiker, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  3. AlwaysSucceed

AlwaysSucceed Member

Best Answers:
    I absolutely agree with everything you have said. But the problem is i have NO IDEA on how to attack this task. If it was an online website or business I need no advice for that and I would be able to do it. But when it comes to launching a snack bar to the market its so hard because I cant even find any real good guides on the internet either.

And you said it perfectly...at the moment I am just someone with a good recipe.

AlwaysSucceed, Nov 25, 2012 IP
  4. handsome guy

handsome guy Active Member

Best Answers:
    maybe u should watch movie about thai young billionnaires. i beleive you can get something from that movie.

handsome guy, Nov 26, 2012 IP
  5. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
  6. Cloudc.me

Cloudc.me Member

Best Answers:
    I'd really try to start really slow and try to find you identity. Start with selling small amounts, spead the word, then when its popular enough to may a contract with a supermarket branch or whatever - you are in! no need to contact major players, become good enough to sell the business right :)

Cloudc.me, Nov 26, 2012 IP