1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Snake handling

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by spiced, Aug 22, 2023.

I know a lot of people are freaked out by snakes ,have any of you guys ever picked up a snake,and were you bitten?

spiced, Aug 22, 2023 IP
  2. vrwrys

vrwrys Member

Best Answers:
    I use to play with garter snakes all the time.In fact I had a couple of baby vipers as pets.Never was bitten though.

vrwrys, Aug 22, 2023 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    I've only touched them at tourist spots where you pay to get a photo taken. We don't have snakes in my country so I'm very hesitant. There was one in a bush beside our hotel room in Costa Rica. I took photos and the next day showed them to the housekeeping lady who dragged me off so I could show them to the rest of the team. I'm guessing it was unusual for them too!

sarahk, Aug 22, 2023 IP
  4. jrbiz

jrbiz Acclaimed Member

Best Answers:
    I once touched the skin of a boa constrictor that was being held by a handler. Felt like leather. I have personally caught and handled eels (I know, it's a fish, not a snake.) They are very slimy and slippery. One of them was quite large and snapping/biting furiously the whole time I was trying to get him unhooked. Would have been a nasty bite, I suspect, if he had gotten me, but it did not happen.

jrbiz, Aug 24, 2023 IP