1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So I Finally Hit the Front Page of Digg - My Results

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Ascendancy, Jul 11, 2009.

1. Bradley_Wint

Bradley_Wint Peon

Best Answers:
    Agreed that the number is a bit low as I got 30000 once for a place I used to write at. However still a wonderful achievement and a stepping stone to greater success if you ask me. Maybe you might find for front pagers soon.

Bradley_Wint, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  2. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the compliments everybody, truly appreciate it!

And for diytechblog, I have taken a screenshot of my Analytics information for the top 3 referrers that day (Digg, Delicious, and Stumbleupon) to share with you the traffic details. The bounce rates were pretty high, but what else can you expect from this type of traffic?

[​IMG]

Ascendancy, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  3. Mollaie

Mollaie Active Member

Best Answers:
    it seems like your visitors didnt spend that much time on your site, maybe you should make the first page different in a way that catches the visitors attention more.

Mollaie, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  4. mobhugger

mobhugger Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow that's incredible I've heard it's extremely hard to hit the front page on digg

mobhugger, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  5. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    They didn't hit the front page, they hit one of my posts. And the post was just a collection of inspirational web designs, so I didn't have a 500 word article for them to read.

6. thelostagency

thelostagency Peon

Best Answers:
    Great work, it is likely the the conversion rates would be lower with more people using that damn "DiggBar", you also need to look at that Digg article if it remains at the top will continue to drive traffic over time. Digg is great for big one off hits, but you will continue to gain visitors and links based on this.

It is important to record, what time/day you first dugg the story, who were the first 50 or so users who dugg your article and helped it gain strength, also examine social media such as twitter did other people help by RT your digg post?

thelostagency, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  7. rockyg

rockyg Peon

Best Answers:
    I thought you'd get more traffic from Digg that 7k visitors. Buts its early days yet, your article could be around for a bit.

Either way, you'd have done a lot of work with other methods to get 7k visitors so its paid off anyway.

rockyg, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  8. Lethal7

Lethal7 Active Member

Best Answers:
    nice job, this is what im attempting to do for my new project - designussion.com

could you tell me how you went around doing this? was it it just a case of adding people so they added you and saw what you were posting?

thanks

Lethal7, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  9. ChrisAplin

ChrisAplin Peon

Best Answers:
    Awesome job, I'd be curious the steps you took. You should make an eBook about it. I'm sure you'd get some diggs, I'd be interested.

ChrisAplin, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  10. Gabung

Gabung Active Member

Best Answers:
    Eventhough digg is a dofollow bookmark site, we won't get any backlink from digg caused digg has created their own unique anchor text for us when we published our site into digg.

Gabung, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  11. Ascendancy

Ascendancy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Another thing I was thinking is that I may have hit the front page very late at night, like 3AM eastern/Midnight Pacific. This would be a time when a lot less people would be visiting Digg, whereas hitting the FP during the afternoon or evening would net a lot more visitors.

I don't know when my article hit exactly so I can't say this is the reason, but it is a possibility.

12. soniqhost.com

soniqhost.com Notable Member

Best Answers:
    congrats, I wonder what percentage stays around for the long run

soniqhost.com, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  13. PaulCpR

PaulCpR Active Member

Best Answers:
    Getting 7k to your site is quite nice however the bounce ratio is quite high.. I would work on tweaking the site to get people to stick around and spend more time on the site....

PaulCpR, Jul 12, 2009 IP
  14. Rituja

Rituja Peon

Best Answers:
    oh great Congratulation,
    can you give me idea how can I also achive like this Traffic, for my site.......

Rituja, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  15. pka77

pka77 Peon

Best Answers:
    I was glad to see your post. I have recently started with social marketing. It is a lot of work, and I have been wondering if it's worth it. Everyone's saying the backlinks make it worth it. Would someone explain the value of backlinks? I know it's something about Google's ranking of our sites.

pka77, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  16. JREAM

JREAM Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing real results, Im quite suprised its so low compared to what you hear. Not sure why that is. I guess the Apple Fanboys hog all the hot topics and steal the links? jk

JREAM, Jul 13, 2009 IP
  17. Wolf_hsac

Wolf_hsac Banned

Best Answers:
    Fairplay, always good build a good reader base first. You thought about trying to buiild a list from all that traffic?!!

Wolf_hsac, Jul 13, 2009 IP