1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

So My Website has been featured in KillerStartups.com

Discussion in 'General Business' started by jump32, Jun 15, 2010.

So, finally, I got an influx of traffic to my website, http://www.JobPrize.com. It was featured in killer startups, and got over 500 hits today, with 90 signups, and 5 profiles posted. Pretty good for 1 days work, lol.

If you have an idea that you built and think its worthwile, thats a pretty good way to get traffic to your website. Just a note.

jump32, Jun 15, 2010 IP
    jmjinks likes this.
  2. desperateboy

desperateboy Peon

Best Answers:
    How much you spent to advertise on killerstartups

desperateboy, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  3. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    IMO,its not worth the money spent there coz the traffic is not long term.
    You better spent the money building link for long term traffic.

mentos, Jun 17, 2010 IP
  4. n3o

n3o Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    now that you have posted & promoted your link here ... wonder how much more influx of traffic you got :)

n3o, Jun 22, 2010 IP
  5. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    None from here. For the type of website it is, it grows on quality traffic. This forum wouldnt provide quality traffic - This was for show, to let you guys know what happend. I'm getting about 500 - 1K hits per day from other sources, news websites that did articles on it, etc. In terms of Killer Startups, its free and they write the article mentos. I think you have for facts mixed up for the website. Is definately worth it becasue it gives you exposure to other news sources, since it was posted I now have about 100+ quality backlinks.

jump32, Jun 28, 2010 IP
  6. atxsurf

atxsurf Peon

Best Answers:
    is it hard to get featured there or do you have to pay?
    thanks

atxsurf, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  7. LParade

LParade Peon

Best Answers:
    It is an interesting startup but I think he paid a few hundred dollars to feature at KillerStartUps.

LParade, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  8. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree with mentos.. If you are serious about it.. you should spend some money to make money. Good luck!

Justin_Dupre, Jun 29, 2010 IP
  9. LParade

LParade Peon

Best Answers:
    A start-up should be seen as a business. Invest and get your profit.

LParade, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  10. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking alot of these comments are for post points, as it seems the level of being knowledgeable about the process is quite low. I'm guessing I also paid to be featured on thrillist.com (Search Jobprize), the Detroit Live News Paper, Sociableblog, and for the Television news interview I did about the concept also? You could never pay to be on killer startups, but I guess that's the type of statement novices would make.

This is my 3rd start up, all profitable, with this one being on its way to profitability in about a year.

To atxsurf, it is pretty hard to be featured on Killer Startups, but if you have a solid business Idea it makes it that much easier. Anyway, I blog about what I do and how its successful, so you guys are free to read about it there, and follow along with the tips, etc. ( I also teach entrepreneurs how to launch successful startups). Multifaceted!

If you have a good startup/business idea news coverage will follow...

Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
    jump32, Jun 30, 2010 IP
  11. bandito1

bandito1 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Way to go!

bandito1, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  12. jump32

jump32 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all! We will continue to keep it up!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2010
    jump32, Jul 7, 2010 IP
  13. oneyearauction

oneyearauction Active Member

Best Answers:
    I submitted my http://.datemyride.com start up for free on KillerStartups and it got listed within 24 hours. Actually right before you hit submit button you can chose free submission or if I remember correctly $45 submission which promises faster results. Although neither one guaranties that your site will be listed – they pick and chose whatever they like. Currently my site is in 3d place on their Top 10 List.

And to continue my great success story within one week my site was featured on www.Thrillist.com. They didn’t charge anything either. They just commented on interesting and novel approach of my site. So far I am averaging 200 visitors per day.

oneyearauction, Oct 14, 2010 IP
  14. Jasonb

Jasonb Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    yeah killerstartups isnt bad to get some quick decent traffic to your site, its good if your just launching, it also gets indexed by the search engines so it gives you a bit of a boost when your just launching but doesnt add long term value

Jasonb, Oct 15, 2010 IP
  15. BUSINESSTOOL

BUSINESSTOOL Peon

Best Answers:
    What all webmaster should realize is that If they really want to survie in the long run,they should focus their advertizing efforts on soley on sites that their target market visit, and not on websites that cater to the masses.

BUSINESSTOOL, Oct 15, 2010 IP