1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmarking and networking forum, how to invest the money?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by zerk, Jul 1, 2007.

Okay all, I have a recently launched Social Bookmarking and networking forum which also has basic areas for internet marketing. Not really a how to site made by me, rather tryign to focus it as a place where users can come to find services cheaply as well as reviews/ ratings/ listings, etc.

I am working to sell another website of mine, bid thus far is $1,500.

I am really debating on how I should use this money. If I should just save it as I have major tuition fees to pay, or should I invest it back into this new website of mine - www.forumsforsocialnetworking.com

If I do invest it, I should take it upon myself to get directory submssions and article submissions or should I go and invest a majority of it into a Company. What type of company? An SEO company, any good ones you have experience with? I basically need advice... Would 1500 be enough to eventually make a turn around profit for? Or do I need much more?

zerk

zerk, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  2. fireflyproject

fireflyproject Active Member

Best Answers:
    $1500 is WAY more than you need to make a website take off. I once had a website that I started with nothing more than 3 paid links and a domain. All in all, I spent no more than $20 on it. I made a few hundred in adsense over a few months, then sold it for a much larger sum of money.

fireflyproject, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  3. charter

charter Guest

Best Answers:
    Has anyone tried these social bookmarking tools - lazeelinkz.com or web2submitter.com ?

charter, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  4. aletheides

aletheides Banned

Best Answers:
    $1500 is nice to have for marketing a new site, spread your efforts over the long-term.. Like 6 -8 months..

aletheides, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  5. sellingonline

sellingonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    you don't need to invest that much, you can't really buy traffic for forums for instance, they have to grow by themselves

sellingonline, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  6. zerk

zerk Peon

Best Answers:
    So basically... do what I have been doing, work on submissions on my own?

I wish google would just instantly update itself across the web. I am kind of curious as to how much i've done! ha!

zerk, Jul 1, 2007 IP
  7. zexy

zexy Guest

Best Answers:
    Keep building quality backlinks slowly and see how is it going.
    Google AdWords or other PPC is not a good idea for a new forum.

In my opinion spend some time to promote your forum on forums like DP.
    This way you could get a lot of targeted traffic and with a little bit of luck you will be successful.

Good luck!

zexy, Jul 2, 2007 IP
  8. sellingonline

sellingonline Active Member

Best Answers:
    or outsource submissions, but again, I wouldn't buy traffic for a forum, tried it, didn't work, it's just "money down the toilet" - sure you can make the same mistake by yourself, but you also have the option to believe me - don't spend money for advertising - get somebody to do a linking campaign yes sure, but no PPC etc.

wish you huge success!

sellingonline, Jul 5, 2007 IP