1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Bookmarking - My little experiment

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by haywire, Jan 3, 2008.

I thought I would share this with you guys. On Christmas eve I was looking at www.noradsanta.org trying to show my daughter where Santa "currently is". Anyways he was at Guantanamo. The thought of Santa visiting Gitmo Bay seemed rather humorous to me. I realized at that moment that I needed to post this to Reddit and see what kind of response I would get.

I took a screenshot, uploaded the image to a new post on my blog. I then came up with the catchy headline of "If waterboarding won’t work, just send Santa." I figure that would get the attention of the people on Reddit.

Anyways, this posting got downmodded pretty quick, but by the time Decemeber was done, I had 352 unique hits from that one post. This shows the potential that these social bookmarking sites offer as a source of traffic.

As a side note, you might noticed that the current location in the screenshot was not Gitmo. I tried to get a screenshot but hit control-print screen instead of function-print screen that my laptop required. So I had to go back and select where Santa had been. This may have contributed to the downmodding.

haywire, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  2. webdigo

webdigo Banned

Best Answers:
    Glad it worked for you.
    Many people using the social networking sites to catch the Traffic Ramp. Its great way of introducing a site to new audience in general.

webdigo, Jan 3, 2008 IP
  3. pondlife

pondlife Peon

Best Answers:
    I agree - nice example of why timing is so important with social bookmarking.

pondlife, Jan 3, 2008 IP