1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social bookmarks? How with them to work?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Alex777, Apr 9, 2009.

Hey there,
    My question is probably directed primarily to those who are or have been dealing with social bookmarking. I've come across a list of social bookmarking sites. The list is quite extensive. I'm working with an English site, and I would like to know whether I can use non-English bookmarking sites. If so, can this affect the results?

Alex777, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  2. Whippet75

Whippet75 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Backlinks are backlinks...irrespective of language.

Whippet75, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  3. malfumos

malfumos Peon

Best Answers:
    I guess if your client wants you to use a non-English social bookmarking then why don't you try it. And if you know that it is very high in traffic then chose that one. You can always try many ways to get bookmarked as long as you don't spam.

malfumos, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  4. sipltech

sipltech Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Working with social bookmarking sites is quite different. I cant see any reason why one should bookmark to all sites, better choose few strong sites and become active over there. All bookmarks should be natural as in general a user never use too many sites to organize their bookmarks. ;) [IMO]

sipltech, Apr 9, 2009 IP
  5. Alex777

Alex777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. You helped me

Alex777, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  6. gogetta

gogetta Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes I use Social Bookmarks really as strong backlinks and they work great for this! Traffic Generation is minimal from Social Bookmarks in my experience!

gogetta, Apr 10, 2009 IP
  7. Alex777

Alex777 Peon

Best Answers:
    As I have understood the most important it correctly to pick up теги to Bookmarks

Alex777, Apr 24, 2009 IP
  8. Jessemn

Jessemn Peon

Best Answers:
    The reason so many people claim that social bookmarks aren't great for traffic generation is because they aren't using the sites properly. If you go and spam your link to 150 different social bookmarking sites what incentive are you giving people to actually visit your site?

The only way you're going to see real quality traffic from social bookmarking sites is by actually getting involved in the communities. This doesn't mean that you need to actively contribute to 150 different sites. Pick out a few of the smaller ones and actually JOIN the sites. Vote, comment, actively contribute. You will start to see better backlinks AND better quality traffic.

I suggest you read this article: How to Set Up a Domino Effect of Traffic.

Good luck!

Jessemn, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  9. LindseyInteractive

LindseyInteractive Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

Hello Flex,

Well this really depends what you are using Social Bookmarking for. If you are using them for back links ONLY. Then no, it would not matter what type of sites you use, as others have mentioned back links are back links and it don't matter where they come from. Sure, search engines will pay more attention to them and rate them higher if they are from the same niche as your site, but they all help no matter which language.

Now, if your only use for bookmarking is not just for back links and are used for reliable traffic then, I would suggest sticking to sites that have categories in your niche, and that are written in your language. This way people will read your bookmarks and then be encouraged to visit your site.

I hope this has helped, please let us know if we can be of any more assistance.

LindseyInteractive, Apr 25, 2009 IP
  10. Alex777

Alex777 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks big. I have understood with these questions :)

Alex777, May 2, 2009 IP
  11. DigiStar

DigiStar Member

Best Answers:
    I don't understand what are you trying to do?
    "working with social bookmarking"
    What does this mean? THANKS!

DigiStar, May 2, 2009 IP
  12. johnkhoo

johnkhoo Peon

Best Answers:
    Be active in the social bookmarking sites. Social network with members, do commentating, vote and recommend members to good source of information. then you will get your reputation among the communities. When you gain the reputation, members will like to see your new post and recommendation.

johnkhoo, May 3, 2009 IP
  13. Alex777

Alex777 Peon

Best Answers:
    johnkhoo , thanks for a advice

Alex777, May 10, 2009 IP