1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Media Moments of 2010

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by rosesmark, Mar 10, 2011.

1 – Smell Like A Man!

This TV commercial started it all
    [video=youtube;owGykVbfgUE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owGykVbfgUE&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

1) Character: The star is Isaiah Mustafa, who is also the pitchman in the current TV campaign Old Spice is running. Having him record these spots shows that this initiative is important to the company.

2) Instant: Each video has the same talent, costume (as it were) and set, with limited props. They are all also less than :60 each, so incredibly quick to film and turnaround. Shot with a single camera and no special effects, the only reason they would need multiple takes is if Mustafa busts out laughing on set, which I’m sure happened more than a few times. With the quick production time, the video can be relevant and timely.

3) Funny: The writing is incredible. Pitch-perfect for the character…full of wit, double entendres, and complete over-the-top arrogance.

4) Viral: Every video is housed on YouTube and can be instantly shared across multiple platforms. Users can embed it in blogs (see above!), so the YouTube video gets the views while people share it around the world. And because they have the TV star in a short, funny manner, people WANT to share it!

2 – The GAP Logo Debacle
    [​IMG]

3 – The Social Network - Movie
    [​IMG]

The movie tells the Facebook origin story. Now, I’m sure there were some facts and events that may have been presented with a traditional Hollywood twist.

But, in all honesty, the fact that people came to learn more about the network’s roots is incredible. Worldwide, the film has grossed nearly $190 million, turning a tremendous profit on it’s $50 million budget.

4 – Sue Sylvester Gets Vogue!

Hit TV shows don’t NEED social media to survive.
    5 – Betty White on SNL
    6 – Future Day FAIL!
    7 – Dead Cats and Horrible Marketing

But in 2010, this became a wild online phenomenon, involving a major corporation and a cover-up that would make Richard Nixon blush.

8 – The Bed Intruder

[video=youtube;hMtZfW2z9dw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMtZfW2z9dw&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

Only in a Social Media Universe can an attempted rape become transformed into an auto-tuned music sensation (available on iTunes, of course!)

9 – Shit My Dad Says

From a hilarious Twitter feed to a disappointingly unfunny CBS TV series, you would think this “brand” took a giant spill this year. But you’d be quite wrong.

rosesmark, Mar 10, 2011 IP
  2. tjsocr22

tjsocr22 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for sharing! Quite informative info too :). I never knew "Shit my dad says" started out with just a twitter feed.

tjsocr22, Mar 19, 2011 IP
  3. hevil

hevil Peon

Best Answers:
    hevil, Mar 26, 2011 IP