1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Media Networking Frustration

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by digitaldiva7, Feb 11, 2011.

The new marketing is not only about informing customers or readers, but interacting with them and communicating with them in total customer engagement. I'm aware of this. I blog, I network, I use Twitter, Facebook, LinkIn, etc. I place the links all over my newsletters, websites, articles, and even business cards. I make sure I have these listed at the end of my presentations I do at schools or military meetings, and brochures I pass out at my non-profit organization, and even at the end of interviews I do in local papers. The only thing I haven't done yet is have them painted on my car, but sorry folks, that one won't happen as its a brand new car and my husband may get a little upset with that lol. However, I am moving forward with this new set of rules to marketing. I religiously send the newsletter out every month, post on the blogs, and write on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. In fact, I usually link all of my social media sites together so that when I post on one, the notice goes out to them all.

My problem is that I can't seem to get my audience to respond. I don't have a lot of subscribers, but even those that I do have, I can only get about 5 people to even enter a contest, reply to something, or even open the newsletter and visit my social sites. I can't invite a guest speaker to post articles because the visitor statistics are low and not worth their time. I can't afford to advertise in the large magazines or newspapers, if I could, I wouldn't have such a desperate need to reach out online to the social media aspect.

I am doing everything I possibly can think of to engage my readers and/or potential readers and I am completely at a loss. Is it my audience? I focus mainstream on military families, and as a military spouse myself I am consistently utilizing the web for everything (communication, relocation information, military resources, etc). I do not know what else to do from here or what I may not be doing to get more visitors/readers and most of all, how do I get them to respond?

Beth Mahoney
    Author
    Robby the C-130
    www.RobbytheC130.com

digitaldiva7, Feb 11, 2011 IP
  2. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    You have to get more subscribers to subscribe so that you would be getting more audience.

chinasa, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  3. hevil

hevil Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi
    I don't have any idea about this problem so i am sorry

hevil, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  4. trythesenow

trythesenow Peon

Best Answers:
    This is a very frustrating but common problem for advertisers. No matter what your offering and no matter how good it may be, the response rate is going to be about 1-2%. This means that if you're not seeing the response you want you may need to widen your base.

Alternatively you may consider the message. People have the attention span of gnats and just won't pay attention unless the message is bold enough. You can't speak to human sensibility, their sense of right and wrong. At least not in the beginning. You have to shock the hell out of them.

trythesenow, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  5. CherryRahtu

CherryRahtu Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Beth,

Fully understand you situation.

The problem might be you did not target the right people or your contents.

There are few questions you can try to ask yourself :)
    Where are your target audience hanging around on social media? Why?
    What do you do with your website SEO?
    What contents do you think are the most interesting or beneficial to your target audience?

Hope it helps. :)

CherryRahtu, Feb 12, 2011 IP
  6. KellyLowell

KellyLowell Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't know whether this is the right place to ask this question,am being a newbie to social media marketing...I would like to know how to get my social media profiles pages to rank in Google for my chosen keywords. Any help would be appreciated.

KellyLowell, Feb 28, 2011 IP