1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Network Content

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by john jens, Aug 2, 2013.

Hi all, I'm new to the forum.

I've been wondering... where do social networks get their content, for example pinterest.
    It's a social platform where you share your interests and etc...

If they had launched the site with no content already loaded, then no one would be using the site.

So in order for the social network Pinterest to boom, they most probably had to create fake accounts with fake content?

Because it's so random, whenever a social network gets launched, it always seems like it's been running for years.

Does anyone know how they get content(users etc...) when the site itself gets launched, in order to pull in users.

Share your thoughts.

Thanks!

john jens, Aug 2, 2013 IP
  2. wheelstb

wheelstb Active Member

Best Answers:
    That's an interesting question, I never really thought about it.
    My guess is that they start out with private invite only networks. They probably invite individuals to test out or demo their sites. Now that I think about it, they would probably have to because their websites are complicated so they would need people to test them to make sure they are fully functional.

wheelstb, Aug 4, 2013 IP
  3. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    Sites like pinterest are started by a large group of people. Everyone involved would have accounts and would have probably allowed close friends to have accounts. They'd have paid testers, usability experts as well as programmers and designers. Each of those people would have atleast one account (testers, for instance, would need several) and their "data" would be left live on the site.

sarahk, Aug 29, 2013 IP