1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Network for Heart Failure

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by AntakaMatics, Aug 23, 2011.

Hello, I am a biomedical engineer who develops devices to treat heart failure patients -- like artifiical hearts and the like. I've been thinking about setting up a social network for patients to get to know one another, ask questions, reach out to professionals for advice, etc. But I really dont know the first thing about how to set this up. Facebook, for me, is too ... disorganized. I'd like something that is easier to search, filter, tag, and for loss of a better word... organize. I suspect that such sites must exist for other support groups, like expectant mothers, cancer survivors, people with HIV, etc. and I'm wondering if there is something out there that could just be plug and play. Or would I need to hire a developer to design a custom site? Any and all suggestions welcome. Thanks.

AntakaMatics, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  2. chinasa

chinasa Peon

Best Answers:
    If you don't know much about opening a website or designing one, then i think you should outsource it to someone who knows better than you do.

chinasa, Aug 23, 2011 IP
  3. marknel

marknel Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think you are talking about a similar site to this.Im not active here so Im not aware of its organization and networking facilities.
    http://reg.livehealthclub.com

marknel, Aug 24, 2011 IP
  4. unknownpray

unknownpray Active Member

Best Answers:
    I have had experiences that the first time Do It Yourself is never a good one. Get someone to do most of the important stuff for you. Learn first and then implement. In that way you will be knowing your limits.

unknownpray, Aug 26, 2011 IP