1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social network marketing with multiple accounts or just one main one?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Xin, Jul 12, 2010.

For people who use social network for marketing, do you use multiple accounts or just use one?

My question with multiple accounts is whether it is ethical :confused: Though I could see the purpose of having multiple accounts being beneficial for multiple niches.

I can see that is not going to be a problem with Facebook fanpage, but then when it comes to Twitter, then I don't know whether multiple accounts would be allowed or what.

Xin, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I use just one. Why would you need more then one anyway?

Also, a lot of social networking sites want people to only have one account. To prevent looking like a spammer - follow the rules.

~kev~, Jul 12, 2010 IP
  3. Alex Hall

Alex Hall Peon

Best Answers:
    I have found that they are really clamping down on spammy profiles etc (Not that you should do that anyway), even if you are not intending to be spammy, there appears to be a lot more restrictions in place now than ever before.

I had a client not too long ago who was desperate to make a profile that was the name of his site - you just can't do that anymore. Despite my advice he tried to manually add random people across FB using the "suggested Friends" links. The problem he came back to me was that it was restricted daily, he couldn't have a company style name as his profile name and everyone seemed to be aware exactly what he was trying to do.

Lesson learned, you cannot simply expect to get up in peoples faces on places like FB. The users there may vary from culture to culture, but certainly the English hate anything that appears spammy. They see it coming a mile away and are not interested. Same goes for a lot of CPC advertising on FB at the moment.

Twitter - I would still say 1, it needs to be a source where people can trust and value the information your sharing.
    Regarding your Niches, it may be worth considering a profile/position of expertise per niche, but really it depends on what your doing.

Alex Hall, Jul 12, 2010 IP