1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networking and CMS/ Media script needed

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hockeystick, Mar 24, 2014.

I've got a need to create a site that allows you to put up audio, video and organize them, rate and vote them, etc. It also should have some additional stuff you'd expect to find on a social networking type script like a user blog and calendar or events list. Surprised there isn't so much that is good to choose. I don't think WP or Joomla modules will be good enough and there is so much of a pain for users to manage with back end that it doesn't make sense.

Maybe I'm missing a few but these are what I reviewed:

Php fox - not a good solution
    socialengine - very expensive. does nothing really well and looks like it's on its last legs.
    mediascript - pretty good but no blog. just audio video and nothing else.

Any other suggestions guys?

hockeystick, Mar 24, 2014 IP
  2. YoGem

YoGem Active Member

Best Answers:
    It's since 2009 that I don't play with Joomla but I built something similar with it and it was working exactly with all you need. Now, I remember also that phpDolphin was free, now it cost $40 - http://phpdolphin.com/demos

If you don't want to spend the $40, you may try Elgg! That have been working too for tons of my clients that had very tight budget and wanted to pay just for customization and hosting... http://elgg.org/features.php

What do you think?

YoGem, Apr 3, 2014 IP
  3. rexxxy

rexxxy Member

Best Answers:
    i'm looking for the same thing too I have phpfox but the guy that develop music addon passed away and i had a database issue with it so its like i have to start over after 2 years

i found this one but no music module http://www.moosocial.com/

rexxxy, May 8, 2014 IP
  4. stevan

stevan Peon

Best Answers:
    @rexxxy
    Jamroom is social network for bands to showcase their work, core is free but you have to buy modules. Also, you can use free tool like elgg, for building music website but it is not out of the box solution, it has module for playing uploaded audio files - Zaudio.

stevan, Aug 15, 2014 IP
  5. nikipink

nikipink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    SocialEngine & PhpFox are 2 of the best social network's scripts .

but if it is very expensive for you; you can use buddypress. it is free & very customizable.

You can use other scripts, just test them:
    EasySocial (for joomla)
    Face Press (for wordpress)
    Sharetronix
    MediaFans
    PHPDolphin
    Sngine
    The Social System
    Ucenter Home
    Oxwall

Good luck

nikipink, Aug 17, 2014 IP
  6. Rinki12

Rinki12 Banned

Best Answers:
    As far i know socialkit is the best and easy one if you need lot of customization.

Rinki12, Sep 11, 2014 IP