1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networks For Advertising Purposes

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by Wizza, Jan 31, 2013.

This has probably been discussed before in more general terms but I was wondering if you have used a social network for promotion and how well it turned out for you.

I have had multiple success stories with Twitter and thought I would share it so you can possibly use it to help promote your website.

I have a lads type website which has pictures of real women, cars, news, odd news etc.. When I first started it I wanted to put my Twitter advice to the test so I did no advertising what so ever for my website.

I started a feature where I would look for girls on Twitter who openly share their pictures, publish their photo's in a feature on my website among other girls with a link to their Twitter as well as a voting option.

I then send a Tweet over Twitter to all of the girls in the feature, and use a small cash prize as a sweetener for the winner (person with most votes).

The girls then retweet your tweet, and ask for their followers to go vote for them on my website. This took me from no visits what so ever to over 300 per day. As long as I keep pushing for votes I get more visits daily. I also get more people following our Twitter account and our Google Analytics shows that on average we are hitting 8 pages per visit which means that they are checking out our other content too.

It's really working well...

Anyone had a success story like this?

I also hope you can use this method to promote your website.

Wizza, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  2. kam25

kam25 Active Member

Best Answers:
    For me I like Pinterest especially on the weekends. I have made sales with just one image per posting to my account and they always show up in the popular section of Pinterest. Social media marketing can have a huge impact on your business if used in the right way.

kam25, Jan 31, 2013 IP
  3. iMobileFace

iMobileFace Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    i think facebook works during weekends

iMobileFace, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  4. Samrit gurung

Samrit gurung Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I guess for the present time being facebook is the best one

Samrit gurung, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  5. BR3NN3N

BR3NN3N Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I've actually had more success with Instagram than Twitter, believe it or not. With relevant (and popular) hashtags it is very easy to expose your site/content to your target audience, more so than Twitter.

For example, I post an eye-catching picture of a music artist featured on my site and use popular music related hashtags such as #love #favoritesong #dubstep #instagood etc, etc... and in each of those popular tag categories, my eye-catching picture is inserted at the top of the category and will receive substantial exposure (temporarily). Rinse, lather, repeat :)

What do you get out of this? Likes & follows, X amount of those that view the picture will go to my site (as I list it in the comments and watermark the images as well), and if enough people were to like it in a short period of time it would make the "popular page" and be on display for millions of viewers... haven't lucked into popular page yet but it would be great exposure.

BR3NN3N, Feb 1, 2013 IP
  6. beejays

beejays Peon

Best Answers:
    This sounds like an interesting method and I might give it a go.I had always used Facebook for my advertising but will definitely try the other social networks now.Very informative.

beejays, Feb 2, 2013 IP
  7. Wizza

Wizza Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I like the Instagram idea, but I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to that. I suppose I haven't really put any time in to Instagram.

Wizza, Feb 4, 2013 IP