1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social Networks for Newbies?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by DGMarkets, Nov 22, 2009.

I've never used social networks for my own personal use, so I know next to nothing about them. I understand that I need to use them to have success in SEO so I need to learn about them, but I've yet to find a complete Idiot's Guide to Social Networking.

Does anyone have a pointer to a real basic step-by-step full explanation of these type of sites and how to make use of them in SEO? I'm not asking for an explanation here on the forum - that would take way too much space - I'm just hoping for some pointers to resources that will help me to educate myself.

Mucho Thanks.

:rolleyes: :D

DGMarkets, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  2. raghav123

raghav123 Peon

Best Answers:
    dude you should visit doshdosh dot com for everything about social media & social networking.

raghav123, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  3. hosterbuddy

hosterbuddy Peon

Best Answers:
    There actually is a book for facebook marketing, I saw it at Barnes and Nobles the other day.

Developing FB groups and pages is HIGHLY effective if done properly. Make groups and pages that would appeal your niche. Let's say you own a web hosting company; make a FB page for web designers, a page for domainers, a page for IMers. Invite people from other web design/ domain/ IM groups on FB to your group. Give helpful articles. And every now and then send them a bulk message with a promo code to get 15% off web hosting for one year or something.

This works well because the people in those groups are highly targeted and are likely to buy your product(s). I do this personally with my web hosting company, and I can check how many of my sales come from FB since I use a promo code.

Good Luck!

Mark McCoy

hosterbuddy, Nov 22, 2009 IP
  4. janspter43

janspter43 Peon

Best Answers:
    Twitter is quite easy to get started. I got 2k twitter followers in 3 weeks on twitter.

janspter43, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  5. AKSIN

AKSIN Peon

Best Answers:
    Step-by-step, a spoon feeding. Use and rely on your own r & d. By the way digg is big for the newbees.

AKSIN, Nov 23, 2009 IP
  6. kittuk

kittuk Peon

Best Answers:
    1. Ask Questions
    2. Help others solve their issues
    3. Join groups / communities & do the above 2 steps
    4. Talk to others, LISTEN to them (THE BEST ONE)

go and try, youll get a hang of it after some time..

kittuk, Nov 24, 2009 IP
  7. rupesh12

rupesh12 Peon

Best Answers:
    Social bookmarking is a method for Internet users to share, organize, search, and manage bookmarks of web resources. The nice way to learn about social bookmarking you can start form some of this.

reddit.com
    newzly.com
    faves.com
    diggdirect.com
    putvote.com
    rambhai.com

rupesh12, Nov 24, 2009 IP