1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social sites for traffic?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by SearchBliss, Aug 28, 2008.

Here's my question. Are joining CERTAIN social bookmarking sites worth the "untargeted" traffic? I have accounts with MySpace, Facebook, YouTube, Digg, etc., all promoting my site and blog. Digg and Propeller are great for my "webmaster news" blog. However, ecently I had created 2 videos for YouTube, then joined TubeMogul to promote them. They are basically "funny videos", that are ment to promote my site, even though the subject matter has nothing to do with web tools...a very "unfunny" subject. The second video title "Story Time with Hannibal Lecter" received over 2300 views on YouTube in one month, yet my "channel views" with my URL was only viewe 40+ times. My URL is on the video, but unclickable, so I can't determine the amount of "direct traffic" from YouTube and other video sites. So do you think all this work is it worth it? Have you had any success trying this, and if so, how? Thanks in advance for the feedback.

SearchBliss, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  2. zurpit.com

zurpit.com Peon

Best Answers:
    Even if the audience is untargeted, they might still be interested in your site, if they look at it. Any promotion is good promotion

zurpit.com, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  3. rotren

rotren Peon

Best Answers:
    Youtube is great for bringing traffic. Make sure you put in your URL in the description field of your video.

Yes, keep using the social sites - they are still good promotion tools. It's of course important to try and keep the content on your pages related to the topics on the social sites (if at all possible) - this I believe is very important.

rotren, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  4. roadtomillion

roadtomillion Peon

Best Answers:
    Of course, traffic is traffic but getting more than 50k hits via social media sites and making nearly 10 dollars a day, maybe less may cause to lose your motivation. In the long term, suddent traffic raises won't make you rich.

roadtomillion, Aug 28, 2008 IP
  5. John84

John84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    The success of your social bookmarking campaign depends primarily on what your site is about; sites with humor and interesting information on current events tend to do the best in bringing in social traffic.

If you are selling a service or product, social traffic is horrid. Let's keep in mind that people using social sites aren't looking to buy anything; they're looking for entertainment and killing time.

If you have adsense or other pay-per-click programs on your site, social traffic is not what you want neither. Social traffic is not known to be very click-happy; again because the traffic has no other purpose than to kill time.

John84, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  6. salihpk

salihpk Banned

Best Answers:
    I heard that Social traffic is not much good.they never converts.

salihpk, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  7. SearchBliss

SearchBliss Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Thanks for all of the great advice. I have a lot to digest.
    I just won't kill myself focusing too much on sicial networks, and but more of my energy back into real conversions...yet not abandon SN's either. Again,
    I have a lot to think about. Thanks.

SearchBliss, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  8. cowsgonemadd3

cowsgonemadd3 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can say they do not convert. Well they do some but its very little.

Its worth a try to get the word out about your site but do not expect to make money off of social media traffic much.

Reddit and stumbleupon are the easiest ways to get traffic.

cowsgonemadd3, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  9. MarieO79

MarieO79 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have been advised that social networks are great to get more traffic. You Tube is very popular as well as Facebook and MySpace. The believe best way to generate buzz on any site is to cover all of your bases and stay in tune with new search marketing trends. I think it is better to try then miss out.

MarieO79, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  10. rajaram

rajaram Guest

Best Answers:
    yes its true last week i uploaded my website video to youtube after that i was getting more traffic

rajaram, Aug 29, 2008 IP
  11. chosenlight

chosenlight Active Member

Best Answers:
    Facebook can bring you a shit load of traffic if your site targets the under 30 age group

chosenlight, Aug 29, 2008 IP