1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Social vs AdWords for Marketing research

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by gvlismas, Aug 3, 2009.

Been asking around for advice and opinions on which methods would be more successful for a new product introduction. (I hope this is in the right category....I already have 1 infraction for a mistaken post...if this section is not appropriate for this post, please advise! Thanks)

So my questions is, if you are thinking of offering a new product or service and want to market it online, I was wondering what would be the best way to get an idea if this product is something people would like or be intersted in buying. I am looking at the one route of Social marketing (or social bookmarking sites) and/or blogs, or the other option I have seen people on this forum recommending is AdWords.
    I am tempted to use the free method of social sites and also perhaps a blog -for example I can just ask in my blog if people would be interested in product I am potentially going to introduce, as opposed to AdWords where I would have to pay.
    However my concern is that with the Social site route, how reliable would the traffic be, and how much work would it really take to get a "decent" amount of traffic built up from this method?
    With AdWords at least you would get a pretty good flow of traffic for a specific keyword that to me would mean a more definite audience - although you would need to pay for it of course.
    What methods do or have you used and how have the results been?

gvlismas, Aug 3, 2009 IP