1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Some fonts I wouldn't mind having

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by Diminished29, Sep 29, 2007.

Here is an article I read about some of the more trendy fonts for new-age web design. Even though some of them aren't all that special here are a few that I really wouldn't mind having, but is there anyway to get these cheaper than $30+ a pop? I mean that seems like a good bit of money just to use a font.

I'm sure I'm probably looking at this the wrong way though, and probably should be looking at it from the standpoint as if I myself had been the one to create it. Would I just want to freely give it away? Probably not.

Anywhoo, here are some fonts I thought we're worth mentioning from the article and the sites that use them in their logos:

frutiger - flickr

vag rounded - wayfaring

frankfurter med/solid - zopa

Bryant Medium - pando

Helvetica Rounded - skype

FF Cocon Bold - ShoZu

ITC Bubaus - newsgator

Neo Sans - Technorati

Interstate Regular - Campire

http://www.fontshop.com/fontfeed/archives/the-logos-of-web-20/

Diminished29, Sep 29, 2007 IP
  2. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    "rez" is really similar to the pando font.. which you can find free (at dafont.com or other sites, just google it up ;))

8everything, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  3. eruct

eruct Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Nice article, thanks for sharing.

eruct, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  4. Diminished29

Diminished29 Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey, not to sound misinformed, but I'd just like to know how this really works. I mean I probabaly will end up buying a few of these, because I absolutely love them.

But when you buy and download the font is there some way you can universally use it throughout all of your windows programs? Photoshop, MS Word, Excel...ect ect?

Again, I admittely don't know.

Yeah, 8everything I do like that "Rezland" it does look similar and "Reznor Broken" looks nice as well. I have heard of this site, but have only skimmed it and not really site down and searched it like I probably should.

Are these "quality" fonts though, some look a bit unprofessional in comparision to those rendered by 'the font shop's' real ones. Perhaps some we're made on a different, cheaper versioned vector program?

Diminished29, Sep 30, 2007 IP
  5. leenabueno

leenabueno Peon

Best Answers:
    Sure u can use them in all of your programs on your PC ... once u install them in your fonts folder u are set to go and use them from microsoft office through all your design applications! (=

leenabueno, Oct 1, 2007 IP
  6. ansi

ansi Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    personally i would recommend some type of font manager. which one you use is up to you but they allow you to only install fonts in which you intend to use. otherwise it's just added lag in adobe's startup as well as other applications. especially with a font collection soaring well into the thousands. one of these will really come in handy. dafont does have some nice fonts but yes, you are correct in that some of them are poorly made but then again, some of them are not. which ones you want is completely up to you in the end but they are free and who is going to argue with that. commercial fonts do however have their place especially with design professionals. we don't want to use the same thing that everyone else is using it and they are, because they're free. now i am not saying you should not use non-commercial fonts because some of them look really nice and fit into some projects rather well but once again, it is your call. and at $30, they're yours for a lifetime. you own the right to use that font in any environment that you please for the entire time that you own it. well worth it to me. plus if it is that big of a deal, tax the client for it :) hope i helped you a bit.

-ansi

ansi, Oct 3, 2007 IP