1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

some questions about my situation

Discussion in 'General Business' started by lesportifs, Oct 11, 2010.

Hi everyone,

(Sorry for english mistakes, this is not my first language)
    I got some dumb questions and I need your help.

My goal is to have a website that will generate a little bit of profit. Since I know pretty much nothing with domains,hosting,html, I am in a bad position.

About 3 months ago, I decided to create my website with a free service (Give free domain,free hosting and free template) Easy to edit and everything. Right now I am earning about 30-75$ usd/month by NOTHING on my website (no advertising, not putting new content!). Really nothing! I know it has some potential but I'm kinda tired of working on it.

I can't sell this website since it's using a free service and I don't own all the rights to it so what would you do ? Keep it, do nothing, get money and work on a other project ?

I want to create a real website like with domains .com and hosting, everything but I know nothing so what can I do ?

I have also saved some cash to buy a website that is already complete and earn a little bit of money so I can work on it and increase it's revenue. I just don't know how it works ? The guy give everything to me and I need to pay like a hostgator hosting and he will transfer everything to my server ?

Just looking for a little website that will generate a little bit of revenue (More than right now) and not hard to administrate!

I know these are dumb questions, I say thank you to the people that will help me!

lesportifs, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  2. LasseKohau

LasseKohau Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi lesportifs,

Just keep your first website. Its online and making money. GREAT. Forget about it, just cash in the checks.

Why dont you coinsider to go to flippa, and buy a cheap blog there. A blog earning 2 dollars a day / 60 Dollars a month, should be priced around 360-480 dollars.

Buy one of these in a popular niche and make it earn 5 dollars a day, then flip it for 6 to 8 times monthly revenue - like 900-1200 dollars.

then buy two new ones, and do the same again.

regards, LASSE

LasseKohau, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  3. lesportifs

lesportifs Member

Best Answers:
    Thank you for your suggestion. Yes I'm going to keep it and pretty much do nothing with it, and when the affiliate will drop it, it will be a dead zone ^^

Good idea also with the blogs and flippa, going to look at this, thank you!

If anyone have any suggestions, feel free to give them

lesportifs, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  4. templates

templates Notable Member

Best Answers:
    i agree with the first response..go look for a small blog or something to work on..i have a couple sites i may sell if your looking to buy something small..send me pm..and you can always look in the bst section here as well..gl

templates, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  5. scifibabu

scifibabu Peon

Best Answers:
    You could transfer the site to a paid host, like hostgator (free transfer)... as it is giving u money now.. u can spend more time on it to improve it... you could see lots of money $$

All the best!

scifibabu, Oct 11, 2010 IP
  6. mentos

mentos Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    Yes you just need to pay for hosting fee and domain fee.

If you don't know anything,then you can hire people to setup website for you.

mentos, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  7. hulkside

hulkside Peon

Best Answers:
    are you sure you can't transfer your site to another provider ? It may be free but there is always an option to do that in most of the sites. You could contact some hosting company like hostgator r midphase to do the transfer for you. Its free of cost. You have to get a domain either from them or buy them from registrar and get a package from them. Just try to have a live chat with the reps online they could suggest you if you provide them with the link.

As, far as revenue goes keep your site. If you are able to transfer it just sell it up if you want to and concentrate on your other projects :)

hulkside, Oct 12, 2010 IP
  8. lesportifs

lesportifs Member

Best Answers:
    Since I am using a free service to run my website ( I don't own all the rights and can't sell it.) Can't transfer it (If I want to transfer it, I need to change everything, template,colors and stuff and need to rewrite everything I did and do more promotion to attract the people to it now by search engines and change all my backlinks ) I can't do a redirection by the free service I am using.

This really sucks, that's why I am leaving it here and simply take the cash and when the traffic will go down, affiliate will stop and dead zone.

I think I am going to buy a website or simply create one with a real domain, real hosting so I don't get in the same position I am right now, good website, minimum of revenue, tired of it but can't sell it.

Thank you for your suggestions guys!

I sent you a private message, got no answers yet

lesportifs, Oct 12, 2010 IP