1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SOMEONE WANTS TO PAY ME FOR PUTTING THEIR LINKS ON MY SITE - what to charge?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dinrock, May 28, 2011.

I was approached by someone indicating he'd like to put links on subpages of my site and he's indicating for 3 years. Here is his run down of info:

Hi,
    I am interested in contextual linking with you so I have found sub pages of your website which i will provide you in the next email;

I am willing in purchasing 1 line of text with 5 links;

I am willing to place for the 3 years placement of 5 links on each of pages of your website.

The links will be relevant non spammer and they will stay on your website as long as the pages exist. And the payment will be made one time only. These are only internal pages and wont affect your website or traffic. It will only be 1 line of text with 5 links somewhere in the middle bottom area of the pages.

QUESTION: What to charge him? I.e., I've charge others $200 per link for 1 year (on other sites I own) but this seems different.

dinrock, May 28, 2011 IP
  2. coolrohit222002

coolrohit222002 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    i was so curious what is your site all about? was that the site on your signature?

coolrohit222002, May 28, 2011 IP
  3. dinrock

dinrock Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    CoolRohit....as you will see, click the link and also in my sig....I do this on a fulltime basis. I rarely if ever sell ad space on that site, but it looks like quality (no spam) stuff....but price is what I am wondering about. There are alot of links per line and my site has quite a few pages within.
    I have 49 other web sites and have accepted payment for text links within some of those....but wondering how priicing multiple links on multiple pages would work....for 3 years no less.

Thanks and have a look around my humor site...I offer images for licensing to specific professionals.

dinrock, May 28, 2011 IP
  4. mezner

mezner Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow that is tough. Tell this person that you usually offer $200 a year per link, but since this is different give them a rough quote. Are you gaining more and more traffic? You could possibly say since it's a fixed quote, and you probably will be getting more traffic, that it's worth more than your average rate.

mezner, May 28, 2011 IP
  5. Vicky from DNP

Vicky from DNP Peon Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    Mmmm... 3 years? Why anyone would do so? Not that am not saying that your site it not worth it... but wouldn't be logic to check the activity of the site for a shorter period before engaging in a 3-year contract?
    My suggestion... if they pay you all the money before you place the ads, go ahead... otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Vicky from DNP, May 29, 2011 IP