1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Something like SitePoint?

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by emitind, Dec 24, 2008.

Hi, just looking for some advice or recommendations.

Need to setup a classifieds/marketplace website within a community - much like SitePoint.com. I've tried (long and very hard) with Joomla and it's just frustrated me too much. So I'm looking elsewhere, regretably. Would like to focus it around a forum, like vBulletin or phpbb.

Can you recommened any plugins or mods that could acheive the same as SitePoint and it's marketplace?

Thanks and merry christmas!

emitind, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  2. WebHostingBucket

WebHostingBucket Banned

Best Answers:
    Checkout namepros.com/scripts-for-sale/503900-website-marketplace-script-like-sitepoints-marketplace.html

or ilance.com

i cant post live links sorry

WebHostingBucket, Dec 24, 2008 IP
  3. emitind

emitind Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. Anything else about?

emitind, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  4. rohan_shenoy

rohan_shenoy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Modified wordpress installation. Its a work of theme'ing mostly and plugins.
    Also you may need to modify it to use it with a forum software like MyBB or vB

rohan_shenoy, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  5. Jafhost

Jafhost Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you should just make a snazzy forum for this. I believe Invision Power Board has some plugins already where you have to pay per topic.

Jafhost, Dec 28, 2008 IP
  6. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    vbclassified - http://www.vbclassified.com/ The script is fully integrated with VBulletin.

I run vbclassified on my site, its easy to customize and easy for the users to learn. You can set it up so its paid only feature, or where it cost a certain amount of money to list an item. Permissions are set with the VBulletin member groups.

If you wanted a landing page with a CMS and forum, go with wordpress integrated with vbulletin - there is an integration modification at vbulletin.org. Then you would have CMS - forum and classifieds section.

====== EDIT =========

Wordpresss + Vbulletin integration - http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=177625

Wordpress + VBulletin + vbclassified

~kev~, Dec 29, 2008 IP
    emitind likes this.
  7. emitind

emitind Peon

Best Answers:
    Many thanks kev, +rep.

emitind, Dec 29, 2008 IP