1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sometimes it's better to slow down to speed up

Discussion in 'General Business' started by palmfanatic, Sep 15, 2015.

When you are a child , your parents all have these sayings , that don't really make sense when you think about them as a child.

Well I must be getting old because I want to tell you of a saying my mentor once said to me that i didn't understand at the time .
    Sometimes you need to slow down to speed up, I mean what the heck does that mean ?
    Well having watched and learned I wanted to try my best to explain to you my understanding of it.
    When we get started in our businesses we are pumped , full of energy and e keep getting told to execute , to take action to be motivated.
    But I also believe it's just as important to have a plan .
    Once you get things up and running it makes no sense to be fighting fires everywhere , not really doing a good job of anything and then trying to do an average job of everything.

That's not how you will get anywhere .

So I want you to take a deep breath and evaluate your business.Do you know exactly why you are doing something , just because you see someone else do something it doesn't meant it's the right thing for your business.
    A perfect example of that may be Instagram. I know a lot of marketers who are having fantastic success with Instagram, but if your product is not visual or the people on Instagram are not your key demographic then you are simply wasting your time growing your Instagram followers , at least for that business .

Once you have weeded out the activities that aren't really beneficial to your current business position, then you will have deme rated yourself more time to complete the tasks that will actually get you where you want to go

Regards

Peter

palmfanatic, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  2. ChazB

ChazB Member

Best Answers:
    This.

It's an easy trap to fall into I'll admit but taking the time to understand what's right for you will save your headaches in the future.

ChazB, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  3. WPCarer

WPCarer Member

Best Answers:
    Brilliant advice! When you're running round like a headless chicken it's hard to tell if what you're working on is actually beneficial to your business!

Iseult

WPCarer, Sep 15, 2015 IP
  4. glasseslit

glasseslit Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Nice advice! The successful can not be copy. We should find our best way, not just do other's doing.

glasseslit, Sep 15, 2015 IP