1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

SP2 M$ OS destruction!

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Sep 27, 2004.

1. minstrel

minstrel Illustrious Member

Best Answers:
    Damn straight! This forum don't tolerate no goldarn off topic rambling... :eek:

minstrel, Sep 28, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Minstrel, this is not M$ bashing, this is making folks aware of fatal flaws that could damage them.

Should we hide these things that we know to protect M$ from damage?

http://www.thechannelinsider.com/article2/0,1759,1661784,00.asp

They should be working overtime to protect us, but they want to be paid unfairly to "help us protect ourselves".

That is what has turned me against them for the time being, if they reverse their policy and patch ALL IE browsers on ANY OS then I will stop the "so called M$ Bashing".

anthonycea, Sep 29, 2004 IP
  3. NewComputer

NewComputer Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    And you want the public to use Linux or OS X? Good luck! Troubleshooting those for a client who can't handle the simplicity of XP will cost big time $$$$

NewComputer, Sep 29, 2004 IP
  4. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Installing XP SP2 now... Wish me luck! If I'm offline for 2 weeks, you know why...

T0PS3O, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  5. minstrel

Best Answers:
    :D I had just realized that some of the MS updates I've installed lkately are actually SP-2 updates... I decided it was also time for me to take the plunge this weekend.

But.... maybe I'll just wait and see whether you make it back today or tomorrow first :)

minstrel, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  6. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Believe it or not... Back already! :eek:

It's a miracle! Slowpaymentdude posting something usefull is about the only thing that can amaze me more right now...

Have yet to try FTP, AV, Networking and firewall stuff though...

T0PS3O, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I have heard some bad things about the "beta Microsoft anti-apyware", in their EULA they say they will pay you $5.00 for your hard drive if it is damaged by the software.

I know that I had it running when I lost my FAT on my hard drive after downloading and installing an Adobe Photo Shop trial package.

I do not know if the M$ anti-spyware was responsible for sure, but why would they put this in the EULA (that I heard from the grapevine) if it was not damaging Hard Drives???

Also their firewall sucks and would not work with my ISP and changed all the settings in my box where I could not even get online. Last Update on this new OS "XP PRO" (it installed the firewall automatically).

Again, my next box will be a POWERBOOK when I get the money in the next life :p

anthonycea, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  8. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    mushroom, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  9. minstrel

Best Answers:
    mushroom, toadstool, whatever fungus you are -- that song you've been singing is getting real old -- get another one.

Good news about the upgrade, TOPS30 -- I guess it's about time for me to take the plunge.

And Anthony, by now you should know better than to listen to silly rumors. How could an anti-spyware program eat your hard drive?

minstrel, Mar 4, 2005 IP
  10. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    mushroom, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  11. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Mushroom is on the right track here Minstrel, I lost a hard drive and because of him and the CD "Simply MEPIS 3.3" (New Linux OS) I am now able to view the files on the lost Hard Drive.

So he is not just blowing smoke here.

Anyone that is interested in Linux OS that can be booted from a CD, subscibe at:

www.mepislovers.com

or go to the forum for more information on this great Linux OS at:

http://forum.mepis.org

Mushroom I do have one question, I am booting this OS from the CD at this time, if I download it to the HD this will not replace the Windows OS?

Please let me know the best way to do this without harm to the present OS.

Thanks Mushroom.

anthonycea, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  12. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Mushroom, if you actually knew anything about Windows or Microsoft you'd know what a load of horsesh*t that is.

Microsoft issues fixes all the time. As does MAC. As does your precious Linux. In the past, you've tried to argue that Linux is inherently secure. Now you try to proclaim the merits of Linux and MAC because the patch their security vulnerabilities... gee, just like Windows... isn't that curious?

My main complaint about you (on numerous forums) is that you only have one song to sing. Well, by now I think everyone has heard it. Learn another one, or at least a variation on it, or do the world a favor and shut shut the heck up.

How's that for personal insults? :D

Oh, and by the way, you spelled DOES incorrectly... again. Might I suggest you get a dictionary? The fact that you repeatedly spell it DOSE tells me it's not a typo.

minstrel, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  13. minstrel

Best Answers:
    minstrel, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  14. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Minstrel, you better start backing up your hard drives if you use Microsoft anti-spyware, or simply buy a MAC or switch to Linux if you value your data.

I keep telling you the same thing Minstrel, that putting flawed layers of code on top of flawed layers of OS code can not work, but you insist that it can.

http://www.aspfree.com/showblog/8137/Microsoft-Offers-Token-Compensation

http://vivisimo.com/search?v%3Asources=Web&query=Microsoft+anti-spyware+ruin+hard+drive&x=39&y=12

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

15. mushroom

mushroom Peon

Best Answers:
    But they ignore some of them for YEARS, the facts are in the links I posted previously if you take the time to read them.

anthonycea glad to hear you recovered your files :)
    As far as intalling Linux it is best you visit a linux forum for help USA Linux Users Group Forum is a good one.

mushroom, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  16. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Thank you for the valuable input Mushroom, you made my day with that recommendation of MEPIS Linux, it opened up a new computing world for me man :) :) :) :p

17. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Uh-huh... for years... as I said, mush, give it a rest... that song is old.

minstrel, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  18. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Minstrel, Windows was NEVER ready to go online in the first place as Gates missed the importance of the internet from the start.

He purchased the browser technology from Spyglass and renamed it Internet Explorer and by it's monopoly, not superior technology put Netscape under.

http://vivisimo.com/search?v%3Asources=Web&query=spyglass+microsoft&x=36&y=8

There have been flaws discovered every step of the way in the OS and IE and there are still holes in it that they can not patch.

Now they introduce an anti-spyware program that wipes out the data on your hard drive and offer users 5 BUCKS for their drives if it is damaged.

It is grand time you accept that they are playing catch up and risking the data security not only of their customers but the safety of the internet itself.

Yes they are now investing in AV and Anti-spyware programs but experts are saying to little too late for them and those that have faith in the platform.

19. minstrel

Best Answers:
    Oh, here we go.

Time for me to go live in another thread.

I'll leave this one to the Microsoft bashers.

minstrel, Mar 5, 2005 IP
  20. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Minstrel if the truth is bashing then let it happen, how would you feel if all the members here lost their hard drives like I did to "TEST" Microsoft's great Anti-spyware system?

Even the spyware never caused me to lose my hard drive, I will stick with SPYBOT 1.3, ADAWARE & SPYWARE BLASTER, I will also move to MAC and Linux.