1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Spark Studios / Clickhype is a SCAM, avoid them!!!

Discussion in 'General Business' started by dev22, May 31, 2009.

i just wanted to let others know.

i have been cooperating with Spark Studios (http://www.sparkstudios.com/), American media agency which contacted me that they want to advertise on one of my site. we made a deal with fixed monthly price. i received a payment from them for few months, but then, other 4 months passed with me still displaying their ads but they completely stopped to cooperate, respond and communicate with me!

i pulled their ads down but nothing changed - I emailed them, I instant messaged them, I called them, but nothing helped. After few weeks I tried a bunch of calls again and someone finally picked it up and talked with me, got me in contact with aff manager, i explained them everything, they said sorry and that they will send it ASAP. of course, I never heard from them again and they are completely ignoring me again, although I see 2 of their employes onnline on MSN messenger and tried to contact them numerous times.

they currently owe me $2,000+.

do not cooperate with SparkStudios / Clickhype, they will screw you up as me!!

dev22, May 31, 2009 IP
  2. will_hodges

will_hodges Active Member

Best Answers:
    I am the Executive Program Director at Spark Studios. I researched this case in order to respond appropriately. This customer signed up for our network and proceeded to send us IP spoofed traffic from Asia posing as US. When our team and several of our key advertisers investigated, we informed the publisher that we could not and would not bill our advertisers for fraudulent traffic. We also do not pay out for fraudulent traffic. I promise all legitimate publishers we will treat you fairly as long as our standards of quality are met. This business has too much fraud for us to not scrutinize all sources.

I'm sorry this customer doesn't appreciate our authentication methods, and perhaps it wasn't done knowingly. However, we stick to these principles and do not believe in rewarding improper practices.

I hope this clarifies any issue with this publisher, and I invite any clarifications.

Will Hodges
    Executive Program Director

will_hodges, Oct 5, 2010 IP
  3. dev22

dev22 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Will,
    you are full of bullshit, all I sent you was legitimate popunder traffic from one of my site with over 100 000 daily unique visitors. Funny thing is that in the end you admitted your mistake and after lot of pressure from my side you sent me at least part of the money you owed me, before I contacted my lawyers who would beat the crap out of you.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH SPARK STUDIOS!

dev22, Apr 4, 2011 IP
  4. bigvito19

bigvito19 Member

Best Answers:
    Wow, this is pretty good, they sent me an email today

bigvito19, Feb 23, 2012 IP