1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Sparkly Flash animation - how to?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by rob_v, Aug 13, 2008.

rob_v, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  2. higreg7

higreg7 Peon

Best Answers:
    Although this could be done in Actionscript through some complex Bezier Tweening, I would doubt this is the case here.

I think these are bitmaps added one after another, which makes the file quite big.
    I have done something lately that was easier to do in Photoshop, save image after image so you have about 30 and stack them up one after another on the time line, it's boring but quite give very nice results if you don't mind the resulting file size.

So basically, if you want to know how to do it actionscript, look into the Bezier tween class. If not, find a way to do a similar sequence in Bitmap and animate it in Flash.

Hope this helps

higreg7, Aug 13, 2008 IP
  3. mike_eci

mike_eci Peon

Best Answers:
    The sparkles in the main image pane look like they were done with particleIllusion (a video production effect generator), and probably output as video. It wouldn't take more than half an hour to make that in particleIllusion as it's pretty easy to use. With video, you get some additional filesize saving over individual frames because of the delta compression between frames.

mike_eci, Aug 13, 2008 IP