1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Specific online store CMS wanted

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ringwraith, Jul 9, 2008.

good day. I'm looking for an online store CMS with the following features:

- multiple stores : under one site, i can have multiple stores. For each of them i can set an admin account that can only see and modify the products in his store. Example: On a site I'm selling laptops. I have Apple and Dell as vendors, so they come and introduce their products in their accounts, but all their products will appear combined in the laptops category and also in the store's page.

- affiliates: users can become affiliates. They can select a couple of criteria and a code is generated to use on their sites. If products are sold via those codes, they get a piece of the price. The classic Affiliate module.

- users should be able to create an account where they can be able to see order history
    and some kind of order tracking (with the current situation of their order: waiting to be processed, processed, sent, etc)

The rest of the things needed can be found in most CMSs I've seen, but the above ones seems to be a little more complicated.

So, if anyone knows a CMS that can offer them, please reply. I'm not looking only for free solutions, payed packages will work too.

ringwraith, Jul 9, 2008 IP
  2. dustin56

dustin56 Peon

Best Answers:
    I really think that you will have to seek custom coding to accomplish these goals. A competent code should be able to modify a shopping cart application to meat these requirements. Or possibly integrate a modified shopping cart with an off the shelf CMS. It would depend on the full list of features you expect, including those that you take for granted as part of the CMS system.

dustin56, Jul 10, 2008 IP
  3. Directive

Directive Peon

Best Answers:
    I believe that you can use Joomla with Virtuemart and a nice template to do so, but you will need a lot of research and use some modules. I know for sure that with Virtuemart you can have multiple stores and about the affiliation part you can search for a module on the joomla website. And this solution will be very cheap

Directive, Jul 10, 2008 IP