1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Speculate to Accumulate....

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Tommo, Aug 10, 2005.

I thought It would be interesting to see peoples view on making money online

Ok so you have $200 hundred dollars, you want to get a website that will start to make you money.

What do you do?

In order to avoid the obvious buy a website with a $20 a month income, The only rules are:

You need to make your $200 back in 6 months
    Hosting and domain name are provided free
    You have to make the money with an online project or a big meteor will hit your house when you are asleep:eek:

Discuss

Tommo, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  2. yfs1

yfs1 User Title Not Found

Best Answers:
    If I only have six months I sell a niche product and dump the majority of the $200 into AdWords.

I then post on related forums to drive additional visitors.

You could make that back in the first month easy so no worries about the meteor ;)

Its too short a timespan for a new site to use AdSense to make it

yfs1, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  3. North Carolina SEO

North Carolina SEO Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I have to agree with yfs1. You don't give time to really build inbound links for the major search engines to provide full benefit back to you for anything competitive. Finding a niche product and using pay-per-click (probably AdWords) would by my suggestion as well.

Once you get past the meteor issue and obtain more time/funds, I would suggest working towards a longer term approach with organic links. :)

North Carolina SEO, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  4. yfs1

Best Answers:
    As far as what niche product to sell.........Bomb Shelters

After all a Meteor is heading towards the earth :eek:

yfs1, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  5. dct

dct Finder of cool gadgets

Best Answers:
    I disagree you could easily make $200 is six months with a content site and advertisements (Adsense and others), it will take work as well as the $200 investment.

Research a popular but not too overcrowed subjects.

Buy articles (should be able to get 20-40 for $200)

Submit to directories and get links by as many means possible.

Write content.

I'm not saying this is the most profitable business plan but it is certainly possible, I've had a site making over your 6 month target every month within 6 months before.

dct, Aug 10, 2005 IP
  6. yfs1

Best Answers:
    I agree wholeheartedly. It would have to be your only site as you would have to be doing the free stuff like forum posting, submitting to directories, writing content, promotional stuff nonstop.

If I could create a profitable site that makes back that $200 investment within a month with no work, I would just do that all day long and be a millionare in one year.

yfs1, Aug 10, 2005 IP