1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Splitting An Image Into Layers

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by oo7ml, Jun 20, 2012.

Hi, i have been using photoshop for almost 8+ years now and i am surprised that this is the first time that i have needed to this...

I have an image 600px wide X 800px high that i need to split into 200 pieces, so effectivly i need to split the image up into 200 layers...

The reason i need to do this is i need to bring each of the 200 layers into a Flash animation so that i can create a jigsaw...

How can i do this so that i can easily cut the image into even sections and onto different layers... i am surprised i've never had to actually do this before, thanks in advance for your help...

oo7ml, Jun 20, 2012 IP
  2. Alan Smith

Alan Smith Active Member

Best Answers:
    You will have to do it manually because for this, there is not any other option and by doing it manually will become very lengthy task. As per my opinion, there is no option accepting cutting and pasting the part of the image into each new layer.

Alan Smith, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  3. matt_62

matt_62 Prominent Member

Best Answers:
    im still learning the basics of photoshop, and for me it would be easier to do this work in gimp.

while im not 100% sure on the steps in photoshop, i know that you can make a selection and save that actual selection, so you should be able to make the original section, cut, click add new layer, paste it, and then duplicate that selection and move it to the next area and rinse and repeat. this way all your slicing would be even?

or maybe slice it in fireworks, hit export and that will send out all your slices at once, and open them all up in bridge, and drag and drop (and reposition) over the original image in photoshop. I think each time you drag and drop an image its automatically added into its own separate layer, and with fireworks if you take your time, you can get the slices pretty even.

matt_62, Jun 22, 2012 IP
  4. oo7ml

oo7ml Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Cool, thanks for your help...

oo7ml, Jun 23, 2012 IP