1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

spreadfirefox.com is having problems.. Geniuses goof too??

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by neterslandreau, Feb 13, 2005.

My favorite browser, by far, is Firefox and I feel very honored to have links and logos to help spread the word about it on my sites. This morning I was planning to place one of their graphics and a link on some pages but I just get a blank page!

To be honest, I'm having mixed emotions. On the one hand, I feel let down. My development is being hindered and, as they say, time is money. (Much better to waste it posting here, eh? ;))

On the other hand, it's almost encouraging to know that even brilliant folks like those at Mozilla sometimes make errors. I left a minor syntax error on a very major page one afternoon and didn't realize it until the next morning. Clicking on the link produced a truly blank page (as opposed to a "this page left intentionally blank" page). I'm still kicking myself about that boner.

neterslandreau, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  2. rbucich

rbucich Peon

Best Answers:
    I came here to post whether there is a denial of service attack going on and saw your post.

I am unable to connect to another site as well: www.trafficswarm.com
    Any others out there?

Rick

rbucich, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  3. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    [chuckle] I never thought about a DOS being the reason. Oi! I'm much to trusting and honest, I guess.

4. J.D.

J.D. Peon

Best Answers:
    spreadfirefox.com returns an empty page (as in <html><body></body></html>) and it returns it fast. Under a DOS attack, the response wouldn't be returned at all or would be damaged and would take a considerable amount of time.

J.D.

J.D., Feb 13, 2005 IP
  5. rbucich

rbucich Peon

Best Answers:
    c'est la vie I guess...until they figure it out

rbucich, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  6. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    I thought it was just me......rebooted and still the same.....then I got really worried about all the links that I have saved. I guess they will resolve the issue.

Funny thing is I had a window open to my Forum and it shows I am still logged on :confused: .

Cyclops, Feb 13, 2005 IP
  7. neterslandreau

neterslandreau Peon

Best Answers:
    Whatever the problem was, it's fixed now..